Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo S80 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/)
-   -   A\C comming on while the car is off? (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s80-18/%5Cc-comming-while-car-off-1633/)

kaltek 05-25-2005 03:14 AM

A\C comming on while the car is off?

this 1 really is perplexing
On a hot day i have the a/c running and the pull the car into my garage. About an hour or two later the car is not running but the vents in the car are running WITHOUT THE KEY IN. Its almost freaky to watch. to get it to stop i have to turn the car on and off again. So whats going on? Is it a electrical problem or what?

will/bill 05-25-2005 03:52 AM

RE: A\C comming on while the car is off?

simple your car is equiped with a system called afterblow what this does is if the car has run with the a/c on inc. the defroster. at approximately 55 min. after the car has been shut off key out will turn on the climate control fan(app. ten min) to clear any moisture from the ac ducts to prevent mold from forming (musty smell) function can be turned off with the vadis/vida (dealer diag system) but is not rec.

tech 05-25-2005 09:40 AM

The Aftreblow kit is good to have and will save you money in the long run.

eli 05-26-2005 04:19 AM

I noticed that my S80 did this once. I thought there was something wrong with it. So is this "afterblow" kit an option? I take it that the climate control is just programmed to do this.

tech 05-26-2005 12:56 PM

Yes they come with it.It is programming in the module.
It can be turned off but then there is a chance that mold will grow on the evaperator.It is designed to keep the evaperator dry so mold can't grow.In the long run it helps make the evaperator last longer as well.

familyman 05-26-2005 04:55 PM

great! I was cleaning the inside of my windshield when it came on and started blowing, I didn't know what had I done. And then one time I was washing the car and heard it come. I figured it was something well thought out.

eli 05-27-2005 03:22 AM

It seems like a good feature to have, as long as it doesn't drain the battery.

tech 05-27-2005 01:03 PM

It doesn't stay on long enough to kill the battery.

Ck8 05-27-2005 05:40 PM

Tech

It has been a hot day today and when I stopped the car I did not notice whether the fan or the a/c was still on, but 45 mins later I noticed the fan was on when I got into the car before I put in the key.

So this afterblow option did it come as standard on the S80 which and programmable to the climate control? How come if the A/c stays on for 45 mins it doesn't drain the battery? Why it had not come on before only today the hottest day so far this year? Should it come on every time the A/c has been on?

Kind regards

tech 05-27-2005 06:30 PM

It is programmed to come on after the A/C has been run.It comes on between 15-30 minutes after the car has been run.It runs for I believe 10 minutes then turns off.

lorawms 06-27-2005 01:55 AM

I have had the same problem. I would love an answer also!!!!

tech 06-27-2005 02:57 AM

ORIGINAL: lorawms

I have had the same problem. I would love an answer also!!!!
Which one do you need an answer to?

5150PhD 08-18-2005 08:01 PM

Man I knew I should have came to this forum sooner (been in the nation harley truck owners for some time and that's been invaluable). I had heard bad stories regarding the electrical systems in volvo's and just thought that the fan blowing after the car turned off was just a faulty swtich.

Thanks Tech!!

EmailBenn 09-23-2005 12:22 AM

Afterblow, so that is what that is, I just thought something else was wrong with my car.