Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Car Audio Install.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Audio Install.

Hey everyone. I have been scanning these forums for some idea on 1999 S80 Car Audio options. I am looking at adding a new CD player, an amp, and a subbox. The only problems I have is:

A) Can't find any 1999 conversion kits for the CD player. Some guy at best buy said the new ones would still work. If so I went to his site to see how to install it: http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalVolvoS80.htm and it looks nothing like the interior of my 1999.

B) Ive seen a lot of car computer stuff and how you have to go get it reprogrammed etc.

Any help?

Also for anyone interested this is the CD player I want to get:http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10101

A friend has it and it is really sick it will look good when I get the rest of my car finished.

Ps im trying to get this done by wednesday to surprise my friend.

Thanks a bunch,
Deuce

Old 06-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Default RE: Car Audio Install.

I have a system too, instead of gettin a new radio, I decided to invest in a JL audio Cleansweep, it does everything that a aftermarket CD player and then some. I believe the Cleansweep, makes the signal to the speakers and amp a lot better, and it sounds a lot better, and louder. Almost like a big equalizer. I thought about getting a aftermaket CD player, but the stock one looks better in my opinion -- you have a big gap lol... you can use an ipod too on the cleansweep, and some other devices....

Old 06-17-2007, 09:49 PM

Well, that sounds cool, but I don't really get that whole idea and I found a pretty solid CD player. Anyone else have any input? Thanks for the thoughts though gordon.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend just staying with your stock head unit and going with the cleansweep or just run your amp off of the signal to the rear speakers.

Installing a Dual brand CD player would not be worth the headache of installing it and getting your car to run without the stock headunit in their. These cars are not easily changed, and if you were to go that route, I would at least make it worth your while by putting an in dash DVD/TV unit or something to that effect in their with a custom installation.

Just stick with your stock unit and if you want to run some sub's, just go with the cleansweep or splice off of the rear speakers.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:43 PM

Hmm. Alright well anyone know where I can get a new headunit? Mine always skips my cds and skips when I hit bumps.

Care to explain cleansweeps alitte more?

And what I am getting from Master_pre is to splice the cable from my rear speakers to go to my amp/subs?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:51 PM

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=79

that sums up everything about the cleansweep,

it basically does everything that a after market cd player/deck would do andallows you to keep the stock head unit look...

Old 06-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You didn't say that your current head unit is not performing well. That changes things up a bit. hahah

It's really up to you than. It would probably be easier for you to take it to the dealership and having them install another factory headunit in but that'll cost some money, as these stock units are not cheap.

If you are willing to work a little to make the aftermarket one work well, than that seems like a good option now.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 AM

I guess it doesn't run to bad. I think it may be the CD i played in it. I may have burned it at the wrong write speed that the headunit reads so it skips. Anyone have any links with specs on the stock headunit so i can look at the cd players read speed etc.

I guess after market would be nice but I just cant find a good mount kit....
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051384084154

The link above is the mount kit best buy sells and the audio installation guy said that they have mounting kits for volvo s80s like 2004 and above and those should fit. Any idea there?

With regards to the cleansweep that looks pretty cool! Is it installed like an amp? Where does it sit in my car? Trunk?

Thanks so much guys!
Deuce

Old 09-03-2007, 09:43 PM

Hey dont mean to necro a thread just dont want to make a new one.

I need an idea about the JL Cleansweep. How is it installed? Should my local car audio guys know how to do it? Does it connect to my current stock headunit?

Also how much does the Cleansweep usually cost?

My setup wants to look like this:
JL Cleansweep
Infinity Amp
(x2) Infinity 12' sub
1-fara Capacitor

Thoughts and ideas welcomed.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:35 PM

I think a nice DVD/Nav/Audio screen in there would look great. I've seen some pics of S80s with aftermarket audio but they've got a lot of empty space and don't look so great.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:51 AM

Ok so here is the low down. I went to another local car audio place and they said they can put aaftermarket headunit in and use amps and subs etc. Should i go with that or should i just stick with the cleansweep? also they said if i went with the cleansweep they needed to know if i wanted to get some signal thing for my front speakers and my tweets. Anyone here want to give me a list of what they have for their cleansweep setup and maybe the way of an aftermarket headunit? anyhelp would be great becuase i am going to do it today as soon as classes get out. An indash Nav/Screen would be amazing but i don't have that cash layin around so i have to stick basic. I am open to new ideas but i would prefer comments on what i want to do. Thanks a whole bunch everyone here this forums rocks and is a life saver!

Peace.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:41 PM

for my cleansweep I have jl audio 1000/1, jl audio 450/4, jl audio 13w7(ported), MB quart Q Component speakers for the front, and the stock speakers for the back.

In my opinion if it isnt a indash nav system then I would go with the cleansweep. They give you a auxillary volume control, which between the normal volume ****, and this auxillar one, it allows you to fine tune to sound just right.

Id go with cleansweep~!

By the way, Jl just released a signal summing device, and i dont have that yet..

Old 09-05-2007, 12:45 PM

Ok well the guy at this place did some research of his own and he said that if i just am using an amp for my subs and that is all we can just tap into my backspeaker lines and get it that way. Sounds easy enough...plus this is only temporary till i get my new car thought i would get some bump while i still have my s80. So looks like I am running with this piece they had and a infinity amp a Type E 12' in a Q-Logic box. I'll take some pictures and show you guys what they did. I don't think I needed the cleansweep?