Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Help-interesting series of events

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help-interesting series of events

Hi, all: have a 2000 S80 with 174K.....car ran great, previous owner, original, had all required service done.....was accelerating into a freeway lane last nite and the car stuttered as if I had bad gas....kept surging....and when I took my foot off the gas pedal, it was like a total gas shut off, very abrupt.......after pulling over and resting it for a couple of minutes, I started it....very rough idle, much surging.....but was able to drive it home....another 20 miles......after I restated it, got the triangle, check engine, and service engine warnings......I started the car today and got all the warning items and it ran very rough..I drove it around the parking lot and it seemed to behave no worse than it did last nite after the problem arose......I'm 40 miles from a reliable dealer. Anyone have any idea if the car would be safe to drive to the dealer? Oh, one other item: after this problem arose, my usually reliable cruise control won't work. Everything else seems to.
Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Bill Conner

Old 01-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Default RE: Help-interesting series of events

do you have towing on your insurance policy? if not, still do yourself a favor and have the car towed and dont try to make it 40 miles to the service center, also, after all the miles on the car, doesnt it just make sense to give the car a little treat like a relaxing tow to the auto-doctor? good luck and hope its something minor cost wise for you.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Default RE: Help-interesting series of events

go to autozone or discount and get the code read I had a simular problem and had a bad coil pack on #5 very easy to replace did mine in about 15 min it will run very rough with a bad coil