Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Help with Turbo valve

Old 11-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Smile Help with Turbo valve

Registered before as paul constant ( but I could not access my log in, so I changed the name ). My abused ’99 S80 passed the inspection . Initial had a gross leak code/ check engine. I found the EVAP valve ( 2 plugs ) with one plug open. The EVAP hose coming from the canister was plugged into the turbo valve ( 3 vacuum plugs ). Now I have the turbo valve with only 2 hoses, the third in ? or out ?? plugged by me with a “cork “ but strange enough the turbo is working fine ( according to the graphic plot of the VIDA ). I would need a vacuum diagram ( or picture) of the turbo valve , showing where are going the 3 hoses. In the mean time I replaced the rear speakers ( missing ), fixed the siren ( corroded PCBoard / replaced the transformer going to the alarm speaker with a RadioShack audio transformer ), replaced the batteries with 6 AAA NiCd elements ) fixed front left window regulator, fixed the low beams ( initially replaced the shunt with a regular 20A fuse/ the lights were working , but still “deep beam “ notice ) Replaced the fuse with the shunt ( added some solder to the burn out leg to make it fatter where the receptacle was burn/ high resistance and now is working fine) . My wife, proud owner ( till now ) of a MB E320 consider herself a third grade citizen after tooking for a spin my Volvo J