Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Interior Motion Sensor Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Motion Sensor Problems

Hey Everyone,
I have been having a little trouble with my interior motion sensor lately. I have a '99 S80 and occasionally have my dog in the car. I know there's a button on the dash that is supposed to disable the interior motion sensor for this purpose but it appears that the button is broken. I have tried different ignition positions and different holding times on the button but no luck so far. Is there a way to tell if the button is disconnected/if I can easily reconnect it? If not where is the sensor located in the car? Could I "fix" it with a piece of duct tape over the sensor?
Thanks!

Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 PM

First, why are you leaving your dog in the car when you're not in it?

Second, the sensor cannot just be disabled by placing tape over. Here are the procedures for disabling the interior sensor:

Originally Posted by Volvo
To temporarily disconnect the sensor(s) from the alarm system:

From the time the ignition key is turned from the Drive position (position I) until you lock the car, you can press the button in the center console *. The LED in the switch will light up and a message will be displayed in the text window to indicate that the sensors are disconnected.

The car can then be locked in the usual way to set the alarm.

NOTE: The optional sensors are automatically reconnected to the alarm system the next time the car is unlocked and then locked again.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 AM

Addressing your first comment, the dog in the car is happening in MN and its the solution to a momentary run into a store after a nice day at the frozen tundra of a park! She normally just sleeps anyway!

Second comment quoting the previously posted thread. I have read this thread before and it would appear that the switch on my center console has been disconnected or is no longer working. Which is why I am trying to cover the sensor or find out a way to check the connection to the switch.

Anyone else have an idea?
Thanks!

Last edited by arainaljohnson; 01-08-2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: mispelling