Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Maintance Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 04:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maintance Service

I am owner ofa S80. The sales personnel was good. I was given a very high impression on the quality of the car especially the after sales services. I was told that the sales service personnel are professionals who are well trained. But I beg to differ this statement.

My nightmare started when I sent my car for its first service. After the service, I found that the alignment on the right side of the car was not in proper as I could feel the car swaying. When I called the service centre I was told that it was normal after services. However the problem persisted and I received the same answer whenever Icallthe service center. After a while, fearing for my safety I checked the tyre and I was surprised to see the thread of the tyre was visible. I was dissapointed coz whenever I complained the answer it was normal. What if the tyre exploded while I was driving?? Is Volvo going to take careof my family?? I wrote to the service centre - no reply. Again I wrote and copied to CSD - no reply. Aftr numerous emails, I received a mail asking me to bring my car for inspection. And what I get? Other problems. Mycar rim was damaged and conveniently the blame was put on me. Apart from that, I could hear wind sounds inside the car whenever I drove it. When asked, again for the "service professionals" its normal. The worst of all, this time the alignment on my left side of the car was not is proper coz the car was still swaying. I had to pay a fortune to buy this car and I bought this because I have been a Volvo user for the last 15 years. I never expected such an unprofessional service center in my life. They never had the courtesy to call and talk to me and ask me if the problems that I had mentioned is resolved. I had sent emails right up to Sweden, but sadly nothing came out of it.
I need someone to come to me and give me an explanation as to why I must pay for all the unprofessional work done by the service centre. It may be a policy of Volvo to get its customers to pay for services which does not come under the warranty clause, but as a consumer, I need to know the justification for charging the customer when I am not in fault. But all I get is emails. Talk only No Action!!!
I am fed up with the way this issue is handled. That is why I am sharing my grievanceshoping that someone from VOLVO who reads this, if at all, would have the decency to contact me.
After my nightmare, I have adviced my family and friends from getting a Volvo. I am stilldriving the car with allalignment problem.I do not want to go all the way to the service centre and get nothing out of it. I want someone to visit me and to feel the painand frustration thatI am going throughwith this car.

I am from Malaysia. If anyone from Volvo, hopefully someone from Sweden can contact me, would be of great help. If nothing happens, I have no choice but to tackle this matter legally and make a press conference on my grouses.

Thank you

Gandi

Old 03-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Default RE: Maintance Service

so you are saying that the misalignment was a result of mismanagement of your car from your first service?

I'm not sure exactly how that happened but if your vehicle was under the warranty, then you could talk to your salesperson.

I'm not even sure if misalignment can be covered by the warranty.

I wouldn't expect someone from Sweden to contact youin Malaysia. I think you should be able to resolve the problem with the dealer that you went.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Default RE: Maintance Service

hmm.. what was the "first service"? Does it have anything to do with brakes, tires, or suspension parts? Anything that would affect the alignment? If you want to spread your message, you need to give us readers more info. I hope you didn't take it in for a tune up and blamed them for alignment problem.