Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

mystery stalling/no start problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 07:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mystery stalling/no start problem

Hey guys,
This is the first Volvo I have ever dealt with. The car was stalling out while driving but it kinda sounded like it was either flooded or not getting fuel ( I don't know if you guys have ever had a dirt bike or something similar, it sounded as if you put it on "full choke" while idling and it bogged out)

Car restarted and made it home. The car barely starts now it will turn over for a bit, start and bog out . The local mechanic is dead set that its the MAF . I pulled the MAF and it looks fine (I know you can't tell much by looking at it but its not dirty or obstructed). They did not have the MAF for the s80 turbo in stock so the guy gave me some MAF cleaner and said that would fix the problem.

I just don't see how the MAF would cause so much trouble. I've had bad / under spec MAF's in my mustang and it just runs like crap but it runs. I'm thinking it has to be spark or fuel delivery.
Do these cars (2000 s80t6) shut fuel if their is a problem with the MAF ?

Have any of you guys had similar problems? You think it could just need a new MAF?

I know i'm not giving much info to work with, I don't have an OBDII scanner for the Volvo and its been raining (with the car outside) so I can't pull the plugs to look at them but again what are the chances the car would foul 6 plugs at the same time to the point it wont run?
I'm hoping this is some common s80 t6 problem that somebody will know about. I figured I should see if this happened to anybody else before I started blindly buying parts

Sorry for the novel guys but I gotta get the car up and running I appreciate your time and input.