Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

P0134 and P0306

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0134 and P0306

I posted this in DDBRown's thread but I don't know how much traffic that is getting, thus the new thread.

P0134 - O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0306 - Misfire cylinder 6.

A couple questions, what is bank 1 sensor 1? I am guessing it is the O2 sensor in the front? Can someone give me some landmarks in the area to help me find it?
Secondly, what is the order of cylinders from left to right so I can figure out which one is 6?

Background:
Car was sitting for about a year, so I have already changed oil and spark plugs (Bosch Platinum 2). I dumped some fuel injector cleaner and dry gas in the tank because the tank is half full and presumed to be a year old. I have another ~100m till an empty tank at which point I will fill with 93 octane with the hopes that it will clear the P0134

For the misfire I plan on swapping coil packs once I figure out which one is number 6, clearing code and waiting to see if it comes back on the same cylinder or the one I switched it with. If I can't figure out which one is 6 i will just swap them all I guess.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:37 PM

Good news, I swapped coil packs on cylinders 1 and 6, cleared the codes by disconnecting the battery terminal. Drove to an Autozone about 10 miles away and sure enough the CEL came back. Had them pull the code and it was a P0301 so that means it is a bad coil pack.

I will call the dealer tomorrow and if its close to the $52 FCP Groton offers it for I will get it from them, otherwise I will order from FCP and probably get it the next day.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:33 AM

I put the new coil pack in last night and I don't think it is misfiring any more but it is still running rough. At idle it will sputter and hesitate a little every 10 or so seconds, on the highway I can feel it hesitating and then lurching forward subtly.

I also filled it up with 93 octane and dumped a bottle of Cataclean in the tank. I am still getting a CEL with the Emissions Service Required message. I am guessing this is the P0134 but I will stop by an Autozone and check.

Would a faulty O2 sensor cause it to run rough like this?

Old 12-18-2009, 12:39 PM

Finally made it to Autozone, 1 code P0303.

WTF! Glad there is no P0134, fresh gas must have solved this but I'm disappointed I now have a misfire in cylinder 3. Picking up a new coil pack after work, I am crossing my fingers this ends here.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Default P0134 and P0306

I got home tonight and my friend called and told me this morning at open, he was using BF to upgrade himself to the XBox Elite, the black one.
He got his and ran to the register just so he could avoid the lines, when they rang him up, he saw the price and knew that thier was something a miss, he asked if he could get a 2nd rang up and the clerk ran up a 2nd and had the bagger go get a 2nd. As soon as he return he said he nearly ran out the door. He got 2 Xbox 360 Elites for the price of the 299.99 each. nevermind the clerk missed it, but the clerk also rang up a 2nd one for the 299.99 as well, when they should not have. Now my friend is going to post it online for sale at the regular price. Too bad BB, should have trained those seasonal employees better.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Attemeobell
I got home tonight and my friend called and told me this morning at open, he was using BF to upgrade himself to the XBox Elite, the black one.
He got his and ran to the register just so he could avoid the lines, when they rang him up, he saw the price and knew that thier was something a miss, he asked if he could get a 2nd rang up and the clerk ran up a 2nd and had the bagger go get a 2nd. As soon as he return he said he nearly ran out the door. He got 2 Xbox 360 Elites for the price of the 299.99 each. nevermind the clerk missed it, but the clerk also rang up a 2nd one for the 299.99 as well, when they should not have. Now my friend is going to post it online for sale at the regular price. Too bad BB, should have trained those seasonal employees better.
you joined just to post that in my thread, aren't I lucky.

Well I though a P0305, replaced that coil and back up and running. Thats 3 out of 6, If I should probably just replace them all but at $60 a pop i'll wait and see what happens.