Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Racing S80

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing S80

Alright everyone I'm gonna start by saying new to the forum

I'm next in line to get a 2001 S80 T6
I had one before and totaled it about 3 weeks ago
I know that its already turbo(ed?) but im wondering wether it is possible, or would offer any performance boost to install a supercharger?
From the last s80 i know they can get up there pretty quick, but im looking for alot of power right off the line, without having to wait for the turbo's. Any suggestions would be helpful, wether exhaust, any performance upgrades just respond please and thanks!
And also if anyone can find a decent body kit that would be well appreciated.
*I don't care about error codes, my uncle is a certified volvo mechanic and he's got code readers for volvo's bimmers merceedes, a 2 bay shop, i plan on doing all the work myself or having one of his mechanics do it for a couple bucks.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I think for a supercharger you will have to do a custom fuel management system.
You would also have to do it all custom.

I would find someone that can do a good custom tune and put bigger turbo's on and fly with that.

Also Custom exhaust would be the best way to go with a good flow through muffler.

There is not much out there for the S80's as far as performance.

Also for the body kit check in the For Sale section there was someone selling them.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome to the forum

ok first of all slow down, supercharger ? your twin turboED T6 will rip the tranny out before you have any time to install a supercharger which is probly not even doable on this car...at least not the easy way

is 268HP and 270 Tq not enough to go speed limit ;-) ?

this car uses two smaller turbos so they spool up much faster so you dont really have to sit around waiting for anything.. and before we even talk performance, get the maintenance done first and see how that goes cause it gets pricey no matter who you mechanic is, go check out a price for some o2 sensors or something like that...its not about code readers, these cars have some overcomplicated designs and are a bitch to work on...

basically take it slow and easy and get the maintenance done up first then think about performance.. old car like that needs all the fluids changed, plugs and other crap like that...

Old 06-27-2009, 12:01 AM

Yea the bigger turbos sound better
and if i ask him i can just throw it up on the lift and change all the fluids in less than an hour probbably
plugs idk
but yeah the bigger turbo kid would prlly be expensive cause i dont really want to order an ebay bull****

Old 06-27-2009, 05:58 AM

IPD has an ECU upgrade that is probably the biggest bang for your buck. The problem with putting on bigger turbos is that they take longer to spool up, so you have less power to begin with. But, they do give you more airflow and power in the high rpm ranges, so they're good if you're racing (as long as it's not drag racing).

As Andrei said, too much hp and you will be replacing the trans. If you want to go overboard on the hp, there are a couple specialty shops that can rebuild the trans with tougher parts.