Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

s80 diagnostics

Old 01-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Red face s80 diagnostics

I've got a 2005 volvo s80 with 103k miles on it. my first car ever... and here lately ive been having issues...

the first issue i have is that every day or every other day theres a light on my engine lights area the far right that notifies you of certain things. one day its the oil light two days later my coolants low the next week its my check engine light a few days later or in between these other issues my car stalls all together with REDUCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE and i cant steer well at all. now with all this said i take good care of the car. i had the oil changed less than 500 miles ago the transmission fluid was flushed a month before that and i just had alll my fluids checked and everything like that. when i had the issue first it was misfiring bc the pcv hose was missing. that was fixed and it was fine. a week later these issues up here started happening on top of me not being able to accelerate and it revving up without me pressing the gas pedal. i found out that it could be the TPS sensor buuut apparently theres more to the issue....

i took it to the volvo dealership where i live and told them of the issues i was having and they said it could either be a electrical component or the tps senor which is what i had already known. i wanted to know which of the two could it have been.

a few hours later i get a call saying that the only code they were getting were was for low voltage and wanted to know if the battery had been jumped or replaced. now, it has not since i had the vehicle for almost a year.

i just want some insight of what it could be and what i should do here. im kinda at wits end bc this is the 3rd month ive been going through this issue each time a different result and new issue D:

PLEASE HELPPP ^^