Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

S80 down for the count...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S80 down for the count...

Love our traffic...

Name:  IMG00196-20110209-1925.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  90.6 KB

Old 02-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohh mann hope ur ok...but what happened

Old 02-10-2011, 09:02 AM

Thanks. It's the wife's daily driver. Green turn arrow and she was following another car that decided to slam on their brakes... lovely Tampa moronic traffic.

If they total it and I can pull parts, I have 6 new coils in there that have < 2000 miles on them! Rubber volvo floor mats, tool kit, and a new tan leather arm rest/console that I want... plus two newer rear tires that have maybe 10K miles on them. Will let you all know. Newer radiator fan too. I should stop listing all the stuff, making me angry.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by 75ohm
Thanks. It's the wife's daily driver. Green turn arrow and she was following another car that decided to slam on their brakes... lovely Tampa moronic traffic.
Unfortunately, still her fault for following too close and not paying attention.

If they total it and I can pull parts, I have 6 new coils in there that have < 2000 miles on them! Rubber volvo floor mats, tool kit, and a new tan leather arm rest/console that I want... plus two newer rear tires that have maybe 10K miles on them. Will let you all know. Newer radiator fan too. I should stop listing all the stuff, making me angry.
I have to ask, in the center console there are the dual vents. Depending on the year of the car the outer louvers are held together (so they move together) by a plastic clip or a metal clip. Can you tell me the year of the Volvo and if its Plastic or Metal? A kid at the local car wash was cleaning the interior of my car and stuck my airfreshner back in and hit the clip somehow. I didn't notice it right away, otherwise I would have said something. I tried to grab the clip, but it fell down the vent and I'm not about to take apart to get it.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by jlewisinsyr
Unfortunately, still her fault for following too close and not paying attention.

I have to ask, in the center console there are the dual vents. Depending on the year of the car the outer louvers are held together (so they move together) by a plastic clip or a metal clip. Can you tell me the year of the Volvo and if its Plastic or Metal? A kid at the local car wash was cleaning the interior of my car and stuck my airfreshner back in and hit the clip somehow. I didn't notice it right away, otherwise I would have said something. I tried to grab the clip, but it fell down the vent and I'm not about to take apart to get it.
Zone of uncertainty. No citation. Nonetheless, yes, she struck the other car.

Car will likely not be in the driveway when I get home, if it is, I will surely inspect that for you.

2000 S80 2.9.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 AM

Sorry to hear about the accident and I hope everyone is all right. There are several parts I would be interested in if you have chance/opportunity to remove them. I have a 2000 S80 T6 with a Tan interior so I do need parts many are easy to remove (seconds).
I do hope you can repair your vehicle, I would not want to obtain parts this way but at least you will be able to mitigate your loss because you simply cannot replace a car you have invested time, money and sweat or love into.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:31 PM

Yes, all are fine... thank you.

Will let you all know... if I can vulture this car, I will do it, but I'm not interested in buying it back for salvage because I simply don't have the space/time to do it.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:00 AM

Car was flatbedded... didn't get a chance to check anything out... apologies. Waiting for the field inspection to see if we're getting this repaired or totalled...

Old 02-14-2011, 12:46 PM

It's a goner, got word today...

I will be assessing what I have at the house that will work on the S80 for you all and let you know.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

75ohm, where in Tampa did it happen?
Was it at one of the ridiculous red light camera locations around temple terrace/USF area? I have seen SO many accidents there as a direct result of the red light cameras...

I would agree with you, Tampa has to be the worst drivers I have ever seen.. A horrible mix of distracted,old and seriously uneducated...

Old 02-15-2011, 06:04 AM

County Line Road and Bruce B Downs by Target... person in front slammed on the brakes on a green turn arrow.

I've got a set of S80 rubber floot mats, tan, the ones that that fit perfectly and snap in... cost me over a hundred bucks at the dealer... interested?

Old 02-15-2011, 10:22 AM

Well, I just bought a new set of high quality rubber michelin mats.. They are not as good as the Volvo but i'm most likely selling the car within 6 months so I'm trying not to spend more than I have to on it..

Interestingly, I drove past that same spot twice on Friday and I think the glass and debris from your wife's crash was still on the road... They really should clean that crap up after accidents and not rely on people's tyres to do the job for them...

Old 02-15-2011, 10:28 AM

I hear you... There was so much glass it was amazing. I vac'd all of it off the car so it wouldn't be flying down the interstate when they towed it. All the plastic pieces too... but given that intersection is likely an accident a day, I'm hopeful no one picked up any bits from our car.

I have an oil filter for your car.

I also have two of the caps that cover the back of the headlight housing too...

Old 02-15-2011, 11:23 AM

I also have two of the caps that cover the back of the headlight housing too...
Seriously, how much man? I drilled mine while trying to install HIDs that never worked (damn Volvo electronics). If they're the same as the '05 (if you give me the part number I can cross reference), I'll take them!

Old 02-15-2011, 01:25 PM

Will check when I get home! I also pulled the two bulbs... perfectly intact after all that!?

I will have to list out all the stuff I have...

Anyone have coils down? I have 4 or 5 good ones that I pulled/replaced... not brand new, but if you are in a pinch, these are going to be CHEAP.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:01 PM

By the way, repair estimate was 5400 for this... ouch.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by jlewisinsyr
Seriously, how much man? I drilled mine while trying to install HIDs that never worked (damn Volvo electronics). If they're the same as the '05 (if you give me the part number I can cross reference), I'll take them!
Number on the inside: 89000387 9178538

I have two, one of the tabs (out of three on each) is broken off the one though...

I also have the 2000 owners manual... if anyone is interested.

And a tool kit!

Old 02-15-2011, 07:52 PM

As soon as your ready, put down a full product listing and lets see what we can come up with in terms of sales for you...

I suspect you might have a few buyers of suspension parts if they are in good shape, not to mention things like rear lights etc..

How bad was the engine/trans hurt? If its fine you should look into parting out the car completely and making back as much as you can!

Old 02-15-2011, 08:02 PM

I wish I could... the car has been totaled and I signed the title over today.

Has been at Copart in Dover since last Friday morning.

Has great parts on it -- you could always check it out and bid on it I suppose?

6 new coils, new struts bearings, new hubs/bearings, engine/tranny are fine...

I just have some small bits/pieces laying around... stuff I listed.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:03 PM

But fear not, I will be maintaining the ranks of the S80 owners! Have a line on one... keep you all posted!

Quick Reply: S80 down for the count...