Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Vaccum leak S80 T6 1999 HELP me please

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vaccum leak S80 T6 1999 HELP me please

I know i have to replace my brake booster it has a bad seal and every now and then it hisses alot of air and simple touch of my pedal will normally seal it back up. but i fear there is another leak and i cant find it. I cleaned my throttle body, had the head gasket replaced my head machined, new plugs fresh penzoil platinum, new O2 sensor bank 2 sensor 1, new air filter, new radiator, heater core..... long list. and spark plugs.

I have a lack of power at times, Can hear a sucking on the passenger side with the glovee box off but im always driving. the car feels as though there is a very very suble skip, it runs a little rough and i can see the dash lights very very subtly flicker bright then low. My alternator is good and this has ocured since i got the car. Im wondering if anyone can tell me where all the vaccum lines this car has are. i will replace tehm all good or not if they are cheap enough. i want this car to drive as it sould. Please any help would be appreciated

Old 11-12-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by shane.hatlee
it runs a little rough and i can see the dash lights very very subtly flicker bright then low. My alternator is good and this has ocured since i got the car.
If the alternator is good (you are getting 14v at idle?) the this could be either battery or ETM depending on how rough it is exactly...

Originally Posted by shane.hatlee
Im wondering if anyone can tell me where all the vaccum lines this car has are. i will replace tehm all good or not if they are cheap enough. i want this car to drive as it sould. Please any help would be appreciated
There is a vacuum (well pressure) tube that goes to the wastegate actuators for each turbo. It could be that pipe for turbo 1 on the passenger side thats leaking. If you follow the three pipes from your TCV solenoid (should be clipped onto your air filter box), one goes to the plastic pipe on top of the engine, one goes to the inlet plastic pipe and a third goes towards the rear to a metal pipe near where the tranny dipstick is. Follow this metal pipe as it splits to the two turbos. At that point you will see a 2-3" piece of silicone hose connecting the metal pipe to the wastegate actuators on the turbos. If these pipes are leaking it would explain poor running for sure.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by NoLifeTilBoost
If the alternator is good (you are getting 14v at idle?) the this could be either battery or ETM depending on how rough it is exactly...

There is a vacuum (well pressure) tube that goes to the wastegate actuators for each turbo. It could be that pipe for turbo 1 on the passenger side thats leaking. If you follow the three pipes from your TCV solenoid (should be clipped onto your air filter box), one goes to the plastic pipe on top of the engine, one goes to the inlet plastic pipe and a third goes towards the rear to a metal pipe near where the tranny dipstick is. Follow this metal pipe as it splits to the two turbos. At that point you will see a 2-3" piece of silicone hose connecting the metal pipe to the wastegate actuators on the turbos. If these pipes are leaking it would explain poor running for sure.

By wastegate do you mean for air or is this for oil?

Old 11-14-2010, 07:22 AM

The wategates are actuated by Air.
The oil pipes for the turbos live exclusively at the exhaust side of the engine.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:29 PM

Hi I have a 1997 Volvo 960 with the same problems. I have Drawings that i can send you by Fax. I dont think its a vaccum line but it my be a vaccum diagham. I went to the Volvo parts dept and they gave me the drawing. My email is Georgefazio@yahoo.com or cell 516-860-7316. Please let me know I am going to get under my dash tomorrow. If I find anyrhing I will forward.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikebrooks
By wastegate do you mean for air or is this for oil?
The air hose with the yellow band and connected to the outlet of the TCV marked yellow is the wastegate. You may need to wipe the hose or the TCV a little as soot could accumulate over the years obscuring it.

I replaced all my TCV hoses just last week on a 1999 T6 just out of curiosity that many others have also done it and the resultant notable improvements. I just used the cheaper IPD blue silicone hoses, maybe only a few $ (OES ones are about $50) and it did make a difference althought I did not detect any leaks. The hoses however were very brittle and I had to cut into some as they did not pull easily even with the hose clips removed.