Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Vibration during acceleration / Wheel speed sensors

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vibration during acceleration / Wheel speed sensors

Hello volvo gurus.
Having a couple of problems that I would like to run past you. Searched through the threads as thoroughly as I could so I apologize if I ask anything redundant.

First. Vibration from passenger side front wheel durring acceleration. Gets worse the harder you punch it. Also gets worse with more people in the car. Not getting any wierd wearing on the tires. Tires are relatively new and are rotated regularly. Thinking it might be axle(s).

Second. Had my ABS module rebuilt by BBA six months or so ago. Since then, getting a code for bad speed sensor. Says left or right front. Anything I can do short of replacing to ensure that this is the actual problem?

Third. Wife tried to jump a speed bump a couple of years ago. Aparently she clipped the corner of the tranny oil pan. I did a trans flush and replaced the filter and gasket some time back and don't have any leaks or problems, but I noticed that there is a bracket missing. Would run front to back from frame to transmission. Trans has a cast eye with a bushing. Frame has remnant of bracket with two bolts remaining. Saw a bracket that looks like it might fit at IPD, but without anything the reference, not willing to commit to purchase. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time for the help I know will come.

Bill

Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Default Revision

Sorry everyone,
Totally forgot to give the relevant details.

Car is a 2000 S80 with the 2.8 turbo. Auto tranny with DTSC etc.

Don't know if that helps any.

Think I have talked the wife into new axles and wheels speed sensors. I'll let you know how it goes.

Side note, door lock actuator on driver side sounds like its about to croak. Any experience in changing that thing out?

Old 09-07-2010, 10:50 AM

Just a follow-up for those that might have viewed this and wonder what happened.

Vibration was a bad axle. Replaced it with my Dad. Good bonding. Drives nice and smooth. Still working on the ABS thing. Replaced one of the sensors, but codes haven't worked themselves out yet. Replaced the driver door lock actuator. Major PIA but works perfectly now

As a bit of advice on the door lock, I had to drill out the rivet holding the window track so that I could move the track to get the lock module out. I then grabbed a small nut and bolt with some lock washers to replace the rivet. Worked nicely.

Still no feedback on the transmission mount, but I'll figure something out eventually.