Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

volvo vida dice

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volvo vida dice

need a help to buy a volvo vida dice.........:rolley es:

Old 05-11-2016, 10:37 AM

Tip #1: They're all knock offs unless its from Volvo.

Tip #2: The knock offs have worked for people, but use a reputable site to purchase from. You need to be able to return for a refund if it doesn't work or get a replacement etc.

Tip #3: The VIDA discs are pirated, they don't always work, another reason to use a reputable site and seller. You may need to get a few discs from seller before one works.

Tip #4: Do not get the most expensive "made better than the rest with top quality boards" because as mentioned they are all the same, they are all knock offs and most likely EVERY single one is made in the same factory.
So get the cheapest one sold by a reputable seller and go with that.

VIDA isn't needed you know. The icarsoft i906 will do everything DICE VIDA can in terms of checking and clearing codes as well as reading live data.

Only reason to get DICE VIDA is if you need wire diagrams (you can get those anywhere), part numbers (also available without), or software updates (only available if you purchase access to VIDA online its like $115 USD for 3days I think).

Look at this post, skip to the last page and read it you will see what I mean Link: https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-...oftware-25660/

Last edited by DonVanhugenstein; 05-11-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:58 PM

thank you very much buddy...it helps a lot to me...

Old 06-10-2016, 04:19 AM

That really helps. But I bought one VIDA clone recommended by a senior member here. Software installation is tricky. But finally got it work under the help of the seller service. Read faults ok, disabled DRL and regenerate PDF not problem
If you try to buying clone, make sure the seller does give you response. Do research, do not just go looking for the cheapest price

Last edited by carlon cai; 01-06-2017 at 01:26 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:05 PM

thanks.....
can you link me to your seller?

Old 06-13-2016, 12:23 PM

Or, you can save the hassle and pain of software installation, assuming you get a working PIRATED disc.
And you can save money ontop of that just get the iCarsoft i906 for our cars it does everything your going to need and you don't need to be worrying about chasing after sellers and stuff.
You really don't need Vida Dice and you get next to nothing extra by having it because you aren't able to do your own software updates with it unless you pay for a subscription to VIDA online. which is like $115USD for 3days then it runs out.

If you NEED VIDA+DICE your a dealership and want to make the most $$/hour out of getting cars in and out asap + you NEED to always be able to do software updates to customer cars then you pay out for VIDA+DICE.

You don't need it. The icarsoft i906 reads our systems it's not a generic obd scan tool like most are. Generic ones will read still basic codes, the icarsoft i906 reads manufacturer specific and can readout live data too.

icarsoft makes many versions for different cars, the i906 is for Volvo and Saab.

It's your money though. And no I'm not a spokesman for icarsoft I just got a 1999 s80 t6 and want the best tool and looked at the knockoffs and don't want to even bother because you and I and everyone else gain NOTHING extra from it unless we pay for a online subscription.

(The only extra is you can do silly things like unlock and lock the doors etc with it via laptop. Not worth it to me.)

Last edited by DonVanhugenstein; 06-14-2016 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:02 PM

I've had my VIDA/DICE for 2 years now. Bought it thru Alibaba for $125. Arrived from Shenzhen China in 5 days. Directions were easy to follow and took about an hour to load on my laptop. I have been using it without any issues. Don't know of any other tool that can do an ETM sweep test (which I did to confirm my ETM was dying and did again to make sure I fixed it right) and some of those things like using it to roll your windows up/down are great for diagnosing whether you have a bad switch or bad window regulator. But to each their own.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:03 PM

The icarsoft i906 says it covers the ETM too