Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default What is this?

I had a part melt on a 2001 S80 T6 and I can't tell what it is. Does anyone know what the brown wire is connected to in the picture is? It is circled in red near the bottom of the engine block.

Attached Thumbnails What is this?-pic10.jpg  
Old 09-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigV592
I had a part melt on a 2001 S80 T6 and I can't tell what it is. Does anyone know what the brown wire is connected to in the picture is? It is circled in red near the bottom of the engine block.
oil pressure sending unit

Old 09-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks!

Old 09-02-2016, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smith Volvo
oil pressure sending unit
So sure and yet zero input on not 1 of my issues ever requested.

Anyways on this topic, OP can simply walk into any Volvo Dealer and they would tell him what it is.
Volvo has many times printed me off sheets that diagram the parts just so I could ensure I order the right part.

Theyre happy to because it makes them money if you buy it from them.
Some parts only they carry too.

If you want to buy it somewere else they never made me commit to purchase I was just inquiring about the part.
Though yes I did buy it from them after I was certain they understood what part it was that I wanted showing them visually via the diagram they printed me.

It was the fastest and cheapest way for that part as it was only O-rings and shipping from anywhere else would have made the part I needed cost more than the dealer wanted.

I had a difficult time explaining what I wanted to the volvo parts guy which is why he printed the diagrams for me and he was way off from the part I wanted when he pointed to the diagram.

Your picture should be clear enough communication to find out what that part is for free from a volvo dealer and it will take 1/2 the time I took explaining to them in English.

If your un certain about the part they claim it is, and speak up about it they will print the page and point it out like they did for me.
They were guessing wrong about the O-Rings I wanted after I had the guy print me the pages and showed him he said what I called a "Fuel Pressure Regulator" they call an "Evaporator Valve" and then said "It is a fuel pressure regulator but they do not name it as such"

I guess a picture really is worth a million words.

Last edited by DonVanhugenstein; 09-02-2016 at 02:05 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

A fuel pressure regulator and evap valve are two totally different things.