Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

What the f@#k!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What the f@#k!!!!

so i dont know what to do on fixing these problems so i would appreciate any tips. my drivers door will not open from the outside but from the inside. also i got a new battery and when i connected the new one my climate control panel does not work!! no lights no heat nothing!! what could this be? i checked all the fuses and everything is all good. i would really appreciate some help with this thank you.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

For the door issue the rod from the outer handle might have fallen off the latch.

For the climate module you might need a software upgrade to fix it.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:32 PM

well thats some bull. i hope the update is free cuz volvo is a scam if all this stupid electrical non sense breaks every damn turn. and i checked the door its the module or w/e that controls the outside door handle latch. this car is pissing me off i want to shoot the damn thing

Old 10-21-2010, 12:19 PM

my environment control module went out just recently as well...dead...nothing...no heated seats, no defrost, nothing....it was $700 from volvo new, found a new one from a salvage yard using VIN for $70 and put it in myself....VERY simple and has worked beautifully...my volvo pisses me off constantly...

Old 10-26-2010, 04:51 PM

did you have to get a software update when you installed the new module? also what do you mean by you found it using the VIN?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 AM

I did have to reset the error codes, found out how on this forum, and did have to have the "air bag sensor" error code reset which the dealer did when I had the fuel pump replaced due to the recall...the salvage company needed the VIN (vehicle identification number) to be sure I had the right part. Keep in mind that you will want to be sure that the options on the panel they have match the options that you need for your particular car, i.e. heated seat switches, and the buttons along the bottom of the panel...
my Volvo pisses me off constantly...