Volvo V40 A super safe wagon, this attainable Volvo offers something for everyone.

Door lock problem FIX

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2021 | 05:18 AM
|
Default Door lock problem FIX

Hi everyone

I had a same problem with my rear driver side door not opening from either side back in 2019. Warranty had ended 3/4 month before the issue appeared and tried emailing head office but they said i have to pay the full price (around £400 I believe. I left it for 1+ year until I came across this video a few days ago on how to release the dead lock and it worked. Videos was posted 4 months ago so I thought I’ll give it a go. Takes about an hour and some patience but could save you some money.

mine is a V40 2015

https://youtu.be/-TjMw6ORydA

Old 08-31-2024 | 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by hnesaran
Hi everyone

I had a same problem with my rear driver side door not opening from either Zumbalicious crew side back in 2019. Warranty had ended 3/4 month before the issue appeared and tried emailing head office but they said i have to pay the full price (around £400 I believe. I left it for 1+ year until I came across this video a few days ago on how to release the dead lock and it worked. Videos was posted 4 months ago so I thought I’ll give it a go. Takes about an hour and some patience but could save you some money.

mine is a V40 2015

https://youtu.be/-TjMw6ORydA
To manually release a deadlock on a car door, start by gathering a few basic tools, including a flathead screwdriver, a plastic trim removal tool, a flashlight, and possibly a set of Torx screwdrivers. Begin by removing the door panel from the inside of the car. This usually involves carefully prying off any plastic covers or trim pieces that hide screws around the door handle, armrest, or speaker area. You may also need to remove the window control panel if it's integrated into the door panel.

Once all screws are removed, use the plastic trim removal tool to gently pry the door panel away from the door frame. Be cautious, as there may be clips that hold the panel in place, which can break if too much force is applied. With the door panel off, look for the locking mechanism inside the door. You'll see a series of rods and cables that connect the door handle to the latch mechanism.

Next, locate the deadlock mechanism, which is usually integrated with the latch. It might look like a small motor or actuator attached to the locking mechanism. Carefully inspect the area for any signs of obstruction, debris, or broken components. Use the flathead screwdriver to manually move the locking mechanism. You may need to manipulate the rods or levers that control the deadlock to get it to release. This part can be tricky and may require some patience.

Once the deadlock is released, test the door to see if it opens and closes properly from both inside and outside. Reassemble the door panel by reversing the steps you took to remove it, ensuring all clips and screws are securely in place. Finally, test all the functions, including the lock, window, and handle, to ensure everything works correctly.

If this method does not work, the problem could be more severe, such as a broken actuator or a more significant issue with the locking mechanism, which might require professional repair or replacement of the parts involved.