Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Diode Bridge

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diode Bridge

2005 V70 2.4 ~ 80k miles.

Last time I had my car in, they told me I had a faulty diode bridge in my tail light assembly. From what I can gather, the issue with it is controlling the upper rear marker lights only. My lower tails work fine as do turn signals.

The dealer quoted me $200+ for the part and when trying to find it online, every place says it's a "Volvo authorized" part that has to be ordered through a dealer anyway.

Curious if anyone else has had their marker lights fail and if there's just one bridge for both sides or one for each side of the car. From the schematic, it looks fairly plug and play but haven't dug into the interior to find the exact location of the part. (It's the box looking thing with 4 connections on it.)

Right now, $200 seems steep for upper marker lights which is purely aesthetic at the moment. Holding off replacement until it actually affects a light that I need to be legal. $200 seem overpriced to anyone for this part?