Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

First time post: V70 Estate rear seatbelt sticking

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time post: V70 Estate rear seatbelt sticking

Hi all,

I'm in Surrey, England.

Just trying to help my F-I-L with a problem on his RHD V70 estate.

The left hand rear seat belt is rolled all the way back to the stop on the webbing and locked.

I've removed the trim and seat lock to gain limited access and given the belt carrier a couple of short sharp taps top see if the ball is sticking (I assume it's still a ball since Volvo invented the system!)

To no avail.

Questions are:

Is this a common problem?

Is it permenantly fixable?

I pressume the rear seat back has to be removed to change the part? - I can't quite work out how the seat back comes out!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

BB

Old 09-10-2010, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking start from the bottom

We had the same thing happen on our 2001 V70. Start at the other end off the belt. You need to get the belt to retract fully before it will unlock. I think it is a 14MM bolt. There is a side cushion that removes to gain access. It is sort of in the lumbar/kidney area.

Once you have removed the 14mm bolt, let the belt retract all the way, and it will unlock.... if your problem is the same as ours.

It happens to ours sometimes when we lay the seat flat, then when we go to sit it back up it locks in a manner that is too short, and will not release.

I was told by the volvo dealer here that this is a semi common problem. Our temporary fix it to always pull out a little more belt when laying the seat down and putting a safety pin in the belt to keep out the extra 4-6 inches of length. I know I should not have to do this, but I just don't have the time right now to fully diagnose the rest of the problem.

The info Volvo gave me was as minimal as they could be. They wanted to help me get the seat up so my kid could ride in it, but they also wanted me to come in and shell out bucks to have them fix it.

Let me know if my jibber jabber makes sense, if not, email me and I will try to explain it better, or take pictures.

Cory

Old 09-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Look here too

Hello, http://www.brickboard.com/AWD/volvo/...releasing.html I remember forcing my arms between the cushions was the hardest part. Kira