Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Hhheeelllpppp!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hhheeelllpppp!!!!!

Looking to buy a 98 V70 GLT with 148k. Car drives great the only rattle is the hatch trim, but the carfax shows it failed the last emission test and that was the 2nd time during its life so far. Dealer says they did a bunch of repairs to the pvc system. Not much history on the car so I figured I would do timing belt, water pump and pulleys right away. I am a SHO owner and know the importance of keeping the belt changed. So I am wondering if anyone could help with some suggestions on what else I should look for before buying. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have it emission tested before you fork over any money. You don't want to buy a car you can't drive. Where are the repair records for the last fix? How about other records?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by r220
Have it emission tested before you fork over any money. You don't want to buy a car you can't drive. Where are the repair records for the last fix? How about other records?
++1; Don't let them tell you, " oh don't worry about that, we'll get you a smog cert..."