Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Idle RPM fluctuations

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 07:14 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Idle RPM fluctuations

Maybe fuel pump relay.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi[/align][/align]Yesterday I brought my car to a garage.[/align][/align]Today they reported taht they could repeat the cold start problem. [/align]According to them I need to replace the whole throttle body ....$$$$ 840 (just the body)[/align][/align]According the them the throttle can't register the throttle position during the start.[/align][/align][/align]Weird why it is only during cold start.[/align][/align]I have to rethink if I want to replace such an expensive part.[/align][/align][/align]Thanks for all yoru guys feed back[/align][/align]Alltwin[/align]

Old 11-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Are you in the U.S.?
If so it is under warranty.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:47 PM

No I am living in Canada.[/align][/align]So I suppose it's no warranty? I would it be?[/align][/align]Could I clean the sensor, or what ever it could/should be?[/align][/align]Please advise[/align][/align]THX[/align][/align]Alltwin[/align]

Old 11-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Administrator

You might want to check with Volvo and see if the recall went up to Canada as well.

It is a throttle body Extended warranty. It is now 10 Years 200,000 miles for the warranty.

Cannot hurt to try calling Volvo.

Cleaning might and might not help.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Default RE: Idle RPM fluctuations/ Moderator thanks for your GREAT support

Dear Moderator,[/align][/align]I want to thank you by making me aware of this warranty. After a lot of internet search confirming your statement, I wrote an Email to Volvo Canada (with the links to the identified documents on the Web).[/align][/align]Today I got a reply from Volvo confirming that we are eligible for a warranty replacement of the ETM (Electronic throttle body).[/align][/align]So Today I went to the garage showing a copy of the received E-mail, and asked to initiate the repair.[/align]Most likely it will take some period, by the fact that there was a backlog at the dealer.[/align][/align]Anyway.....great feedback very much appreciated!![/align][/align]Please keep ondoing the GOOD Work;[/align][/align]on behalf of all the Volvo owners.[/align][/align]Sincereley[/align][/align]Alltwin[/align]

Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Administrator

I am very glad that they are helping you get it fixed.

Please keep us updated after the repair.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:27 PM

As promised my feedback after repair

After visiting B&L motors, they confirmed that the ETM was broken and had to be replaced.

I contacted Volvo Canada and they accepted the warranty however only after an confirmed diagnose by an official Volvo dealer.

Well I went to BKvolvo, it took them 3 diagnose visits being able to confirm the broken ETM module causing the problems during a cold start.

Well now I had to get it repaired by BKVolvo as the warranty was only to be carried out by an official Volvo dealer.
This took BK volvo a whole day, anyway IT WORKS and everything was paid by Volvo Canada.

Thank you very much again for your great diagnostics and advise!!!

Alltwin