Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

Newby with 01 V70

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newby with 01 V70

Have it for one day...love it..
My high beams come on when I use the blinker??? Something loose?
Also the clock's at 104 k and I am trying to figure out if the t-belt has been replaced.
Left a message with the dealer today in hopes that they can tell me ITS BEEN DONE!...other wize, is there a way to tell if its been redone with any ease?

any and all replies will be GREATLY appreciated!

Old 12-13-2010, 02:02 PM

I also have a 01 V70 and had the same problem with the high beams coming on when using the turn signals. I went to the local junk yard and got a replacement turn signal switch and everything works fine now. I found that my turn signal had alot of play in it which caused the issue.

Also ask the dealer when the last time the transmission was flushed and if the flame trap box and hoses have been replaced. If it hasn't been done I highly recommend doing it to save yourself a headache down the road.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default AWD?, 2WD?, turbo?, non-turbo?

Hello, Since the interval for the T-belt is 105K it's a safe bet that it has not been changed. A little white sticker comes with some, but not all, timing belts. People put them on the timing belt cover sometimes. It would be funny if they put it over the engine serial number sticker-which is also white. Removing the serpentine belt and P/S reservoir so you can remove the plastic T-belt cover is not difficult at all. At 104K the belt will have crazing on it's outside surface and any lettering will be faded and/or dirty. If it's new the lettering on it will be bold and clear.
Absolutely pull the transmission drain plug (24mm) and see how neglected the fluid is. Remember, 2001 has the 5 speed trans which requires a 3309 fluid. Appx. 3.5 quarts per "sump dump". Good luck with your new ride. Kira

Old 12-14-2010, 09:30 AM

I had a long talk with the dealers service mgr on monday and he said the prev owner took very good care of the car...I am dropping it off this evening for the belt replacement and was planning on asking about the trans.
I did snag a switch on e-bay and am now trying to convince the GOOF to send it priority mail in stead of UPS SNAIL delivery!
I assumed that by putting cross country on my sig would tell, turbo/AWD but maybe I am misinformed

Old 12-16-2010, 05:34 AM

I LOVE my Volvo Dealer! I now have a new T belt and the proper blinker bulbs and they went over the entire car for me. I tinkered with the turn signal switch and its working fine now.....will hold onto the new one for down the road!
Will be needing brake pads soon and am wondering what and were we are buying these for the best price and performance?

Old 12-21-2010, 07:45 PM

took a trip to CO and back to NM in the rain and snow and If I keep my foot off of it I am pushing 30MPGs and that makes me very happy and glad I am bagging the JEEP as soon as its fixed AGAIN!