Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

V70 R Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V70 R Help

With just under a year on my 07 V70R, my E-brake boot started to detach from the center console (not a big issue). My dealership then kindly warranted the part. The only problem is that per the dealer, the current and only replacement for the boot is the standard V70 grey boot and not the R (blue) stitched boot that came with the vehicle (Not: The standard V70 grey and R grey are different). This information surfaced after the new part came in and my R boot was sent back to Volvo only to be destroyed.

The only option my dealer is offering me is just take the grey boot and be happy (How could I be happy? Owning an R was a quest for years) or, try to locate the proper boot online, purchases it, and have service install the proper one.

This might be myopic but considering the boot for the handbrake is a two piece deal meaning, I now have two shades of grey on the handbrake (including one with blue stitching and one without), is something I see everyday and having the car proper in the way I purchased the vehicle is important to me. My fellow R owners know, every piece of the R is important, regardless.

Any thoughts or suggestions on locating the proper boot and or action with the dealer?

Best regards,

Old 06-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: V70 R Help

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Not myopic at all, I would be equally frustrated by mismatched components on something that you bought new and planned for for so long.

The dealer is really giving you the short end of the stick on telling you to accept the wrong color boot. Would they tell you the same if they did a body repair and, being out of paint, suggested that you accept a replacement fender being a different color? I thinknot.

The part fell apart under warranty, and you as the consumer have a right to have them replace exactly what you bought. In this case you spent the extra to buy the R, and all it's unique features, and they need to pony up to getting the replacement for you, end of story.

Do not let them push you around. If it needs to be bought online let them do the buying, or, simply order it from the factory, though you'll probably have to deal with the wait time. They're being a bit lazy and making excuses, because all car manufacturers carryinventory of all parts for many years after production ends. Get into their "stuff" and demand the right part, and get ahold of Volvo USA as well to let them know the dealer is being unresponsive to your R needs.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: V70 R Help

You might want to check car-part.com Good Luck.