Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2011 XC60 dash/electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 XC60 dash/electrical issues

Hi All,

I have a 2011 XC60 T6 AWD and I'm having issues with the dash (mostly). It seems to come and go. Sometimes for weeks at a time, sometimes for minutes or hours.
Here is what happens.
I'm driving along and the dash drops out, no speedo, no tach, all warning lights come on, no fuel gauge, no trip....but the Odometer is still visible but doesn't add miles (or KM) when you drive.
Windows don't work, radio controls don't work, climate control seems to work but the display doesn't show changes.
Turn signals work but don't display on the dash.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
What was the fix?
I thought it was related to rain and water getting in through the windshield but it has now been replaced. Sunroof seems to drain properly but I need to dig further into that.
Recently it went out when it hadn't rained in 5 days, then when it started raining everything started working again.
Car runs great no difference.

Thanks
Jeff

Old 05-01-2023, 07:56 AM
Default Here is a picture

Old 05-03-2023, 09:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the damage was done before the windshield was replaced, I know many had to fix electrical things because of it.
My mechanic said my center console, or part of it was replaced (I'm second hand, he noticed it's not the original)

Old 05-04-2023, 05:27 AM
Default Windshield

Thanks for the reply.
The car has been acting this way on and off for the year I have had it.
The windshield was replaced last week.
Glass technicians said they saw nothing abnormal other than the windshield not being stuck all the way across the top. Sealant was stuck to the windshield but not the car.

Old 05-04-2023, 12:37 PM

Had same issue with the windshield, also bought the car like that, pretty sure it was after a fix, but a bad one, like yours, stuck to the glass but not the car, ended fixing it myself.

Not sure where you are from, but I guess you guys get rain there, so water did drip on the electrical modules, need an expert diagnostic guy to find which one is acting up

Old 04-28-2024, 11:32 AM
Default Did you get this problem resolved?

I have the same problem with my 2013 xc60. Did you ever figure out what was going on?

Originally Posted by 11xc60
Hi All,

I have a 2011 XC60 T6 AWD and I'm having issues with the dash (mostly). It seems to come and go. Sometimes for weeks at a time, sometimes for minutes or hours.
Here is what happens.
I'm driving along and the dash drops out, no speedo, no tach, all warning lights come on, no fuel gauge, no trip....but the Odometer is still visible but doesn't add miles (or KM) when you drive.
Windows don't work, radio controls don't work, climate control seems to work but the display doesn't show changes.
Turn signals work but don't display on the dash.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
What was the fix?
I thought it was related to rain and water getting in through the windshield but it has now been replaced. Sunroof seems to drain properly but I need to dig further into that.
Recently it went out when it hadn't rained in 5 days, then when it started raining everything started working again.
Car runs great no difference.

Thanks
Jeff

The following users liked this post:
11xc60 (04-28-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 12:44 PM
Default Fixed

Yes, it was the windshield.
had it replaced and it took some time to fully dry. Once dry the issue never came back.