Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Bluetooth connectivity

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth connectivity

Hopefully I can explain our issue. We have a 2021 XC 60. This is my wife's car she has the main key fob. So I have saved all my settings in profile driver #2. If I happen to use her car and use my fob all my settings are set and my phone is connected. The issue is my pandora stations will not connect. The car is actually searching for her phone and if her phone is in the house I can hear bits of her pandora stations still trying to come through. Somehow I did figure out how to get my bluetooth to connect manually and all was fine. The next day she drove her car and her pandora stations would not connect yet her phone was identified as her's. In summary the last person who drove the car the bluetooth is stuck with that particular phone. I am thinking it may have something to do with driver profile's. I actually went to the dealer to have them set up profile it is kind of confusing. An IT person I am not LOL

Old 07-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Don,

All I can say is the issues you are having with switching profiles (and phones) is not unique to you. The dealer actually told me to skip the profile setups altogether. Just curious, have you had the orange key re-programmed to make it perform like the black key?

Old 07-12-2021, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by statman
Don,

All I can say is the issues you are having with switching profiles (and phones) is not unique to you. The dealer actually told me to skip the profile setups altogether. Just curious, have you had the orange key re-programmed to make it perform like the black key?
Thanks for the response, in answer to your question we have not had the orange fob reprogrammed, like the black fob. If I'm not mistaken I believe the orange fob is still set as the "guest" profile. It was late when we picked up the car so we left without getting any tutorials on the profile settings. I went down to the dealer to have my black fob set to profile 2 with all the seat positions and my other selections saved. Unfortunately I could not remember all the steps the guy took to get mine set up by the time I got home. I was unable to have the wife's orange fob set for her.

Old 07-14-2021, 06:57 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

OK, so you need to know, the orange key needs to be updated by the dealer to allow it to be set to any profile (like the black key). If you do not reprogram it, the orange key has limited options.

Old 07-15-2021, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by statman
OK, so you need to know, the orange key needs to be updated by the dealer to allow it to be set to any profile (like the black key). If you do not reprogram it, the orange key has limited options.
Thanks for the info we will look into that