Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Lane keeping assist

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 02:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lane keeping assist

Right you knowledgeable lot, I've turned off the Lane keeping assist thingy because I don't like what it does to the steering wheel.... But sometimes it randomly comes on....i don't get it, why, its usually the same bit of road on my commute, any ideas peeps?

Old 04-06-2022, 04:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lane Keeping Aid

Originally Posted by Jane Darwin
Right you knowledgeable lot, I've turned off the Lane keeping assist thingy because I don't like what it does to the steering wheel.... But sometimes it randomly comes on....i don't get it, why, its usually the same bit of road on my commute, any ideas peeps?
Jane you are not alone! I am having exactly the same problem. With the Lane Keeping Aid switched off the Lane keeping Aid alerting/Intervening symbol (amber Highway lane) comes on and if not going straight fights the steering wheel from you. Most concerning when on Interstate in heavy traffic. My XC60 has been into the dealership 3 times now for this and each time they can not reproduce it. They had it for 6 days this last time, recalibrated the front camera , did (yet another) system upgrade and within 10 miles of taking it back, the warning came on!!

Anyone out there any ideas, because my dealership has not gat a clue

The following users liked this post:
Jane Darwin (04-07-2022)
Old 04-07-2022, 02:14 AM

Exactly what mine does, very frustrating, I guess there'll be a fix soon. I did the ota upgrade to v12 the other day and now my audio wagon has stopped reading the USB with all my music!!

Old 04-07-2022, 12:47 PM

HI Jane - An update on my problem and get this, my dealership has decided that this is normal!
What a load of garbage. How can something that is switched off alert you or Intervene. GRRHHH!!
Have you been back to your dealership to see what they can do?

I have complained to Volvo. Their number is 800 550 5658. Maybe you should do also. Maybe they will get the message.
Good luck.

Roger

The following users liked this post:
Jane Darwin (04-16-2022)
Old 04-16-2022, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rogerbriance
HI Jane - An update on my problem and get this, my dealership has decided that this is normal!
What a load of garbage. How can something that is switched off alert you or Intervene. GRRHHH!!

I have complained to Volvo. Their number is 800 550 5658. Maybe you should do also. Maybe they will get the message.
Good luck.

Roger
I have the car booked in after speaking with customer relations at volvo UK, the will put it on the diagnostic machine. BTW its still doing it.
And now "Hey Google" has died!! Although if you press the voice command on the steering wheel you can still do things. Grrr again.

Old 04-16-2022, 04:36 PM

Hi Jane, Keep on at them and do not get put off by their replies.
Some of the "answers" I have had from the dealership:
'you drive to close to the white line' (did not specify which line!)
"this is normal"
"you can not switch LKA off"
"your car is different from your last one" - this must be the most stupid of them all to date

I am now waiting to discuss with the area technical expert, to explain to me why the LKA works when it is switched off. They have had it in the shop 3 times now. 4 times and it is a Lemon.

Anyone else out there experiencing the same problem?

Roger

Old 04-16-2022, 09:09 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

We have the semi-autonomous drive option and frankly, it scares the fool out of me. I don't trust technology that much. We did try putting in addresses on the Nav and the car did very well driving to the location, but again, I'm a firm believe in Murphy's Law - "if it can fail, it will", therefore, I don't use it. haha I also turned off the lane keeping aid for normal driving. Mine stays off but it's not one of the newest Google models.

Old 04-25-2022, 07:12 AM
Default Update

Good luck.

Roger
Hi Roger, car been at the desler yoday gor a diagnostic assessment, there's no errors to report. The engineer took it for a spin and it didnt happen of course. They are going to send a report to volvo and should it do it again ive got to ring them. Well i sure will ring them because it still does it on a regular basis.
Having other issues with hey google who dies and wont respond and when replying to texts it sends it to me instead of the sender.....
Know any good cars??
Jane

Old 04-25-2022, 08:50 AM

Hi Roger, car been at the desler yoday gor a diagnostic assessment, there's no errors to report. The engineer took it for a spin and it didnt happen of course. They are going to send a report to volvo and should it do it again ive got to ring them. Well i sure will ring them because it still does it on a regular basis.
Having other issues with hey google who dies and wont respond and when replying to texts it sends it to me instead of the sender.....
Know any good cars??
Jane
Keep at them Jane!

As to 'Hey Google', that stopped on mine.
I used to just shout it at the infotainment system but it stopped.
I have found that if I press the Voice control; on the steering wheel first, it works OK.

Roger

Old 04-25-2022, 09:13 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hey Google

Know any good cars??
Jane
You need to reset her by holding down the home button on the center display past the message about screen cleaning. Continue to hold until the Volvo logo appears. This can be done with the car not running. My voice assistant has been solid until the 2.0 update .....have had to reset now for the second time. It's def a bug in the newest update.

Old 04-25-2022, 11:12 AM
Default Hey

Keep at them Jane!

As to 'Hey Google', that stopped on mine.
I used to just shout it at the infotainment system but it stopped.
I have found that if I press the Voice control; on the steering wheel first, it works OK.

Roger
To get Hey Google back i did a reset on the large screen, you hold the button in till eventually you get the volvo logo, that has resurected her a couple of times now.

Old 10-04-2022, 11:08 AM

HI Jane

Has the LKA problem been fixed yet?
Mine went in for an annual service and they told me they they found some fault codes. They told me hey did what was needed to fix them and my problem has gone away.
What a load of garbage. On the way home from the dealership, guess what the LKA kicked in again! This is the 4th time they have tried , unsuccessfully to fix this annoying problem.

Anyone else in the Volvo world experienced this and managed to get it fixed.
Roger

Old 10-04-2022, 12:28 PM
Default Still doing it

HI Jane

Has the LKA problem been fixed yet?
Mine went in for an annual service and they told me they they found some fault codes. They told me hey did what was needed to fix them and my problem has gone away.
What a load of garbage. On the way home from the dealership, guess what the LKA kicked in again! This is the 4th time they have tried , unsuccessfully to fix this annoying problem.

Anyone else in the Volvo world experienced this and managed to get it fixed.
Roger
Hi roger, ours is still doing it.... Jane