Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Polestar 2 owner super disappointed in XC60 T8 extended range

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2022, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polestar 2 owner super disappointed in XC60 T8 extended range

Welp, add yet another person to the list of XC60 owners who is super disappointed and trying their best to immediately return their car..

Background/context: We've had a Polestar 2 since Aug 2021 and love it. The Android Automotive is amazing. There have been some minor frustrations - LTE down, a bad phone app - but everything has always resolved itself after a restart. And the app is *slowly* getting better - it now includes location info! We were super excited to get the XC60 because we assumed it would be similar to the Polestar 2, but more suitable to long road trips. The Polestar 2 range is abysmal in the winter; otherwise, we have nothing to say but great things about it.

We got the Volvo XC60 T8 last Saturday. It was completely fine during test drive - we tested wireless charger, suspension, pilot assist, etc., and everything worked perfectly. As soon as we drove off the lot, pilot assist was disabled. I thought it wasn't a big deal and was just b/c I was driving in B mode. Then everything else started failing - wireless charger, collision avoidance, LTE. It has been at the dealer since that following Monday (so, two days after we picked it up). Needs new TCAM module. Needs new wireless charger. Needs new windshield/radar system... which is back ordered. Partner is talking to Volvo tomorrow to learn about our options.

We *really* wanted to love this car - the interior is second to none and we were excited about Google integration. But, given our experience (and seeing other posts on this forum), I have to say that I can't recommend this car to anyone.