Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Sirius XM issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same Issue

My 2015 V60 has the same issue with Sirius. On the phone with two different reps at Sirius after attempting to reprogram the service. I was told the same thing…it is a Volvo problem and gave me a ticket number, moving me to the top of the list…haha!! I will try the battery test to see if that clears it up!

Old 10-27-2023, 12:13 PM

I'm having the same exact problem with our 2015.5 V60 wagon. Sirius customer service said it's a technical issue with both Volvo and Sirius. Said they'd get back to me. It been several weeks. Will be canceling the Sirius service.

Old 10-28-2023, 11:07 AM
Default Battery reconnect worked!

disconnect the battery for 10 minutes. Reconnect and miraculously it’s fixed!

Old 10-31-2023, 07:42 AM
Default 2015 XC60 Sirius radio not working

Just got off phone with Sirius and this is a well known issue at Sirius with the 2015 and 2016 Volvos. I am having the exact same issues as the others that have posted. Sirius says their engineers are working on it and I should expect a call back in 72 hours with an update.

Old 11-03-2023, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by mmm-ro
disconnect the battery for 10 minutes. Reconnect and miraculously it’s fixed!
mmm-ro - It worked! It worked!!!
A 10 minute battery disconnect did the trick. I hope Volvo & Sirius are paying attention to this thread.
Thanks so much

Old 11-08-2023, 12:25 PM

Disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes solved the issue on my 2015.5 S80 T6. I will repost if the problem happens again. I've spoken to Sirius level 2 support (lots of promises not kept) many times as well as Volvo Customer Care (not helpful). This forum is the only place that works. Thanks folks!

Old 11-08-2023, 12:26 PM

Worked for me! Fingers crossed that it stays. Thanks so much.

Old 11-09-2023, 12:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Slightly different issue here on my 2023 XC60 B5. Google voice is good when I want to tell it to change radio stations, as it complies. However when I tell it to change Sirius stations it does not recognize my commands. Although a couple of times, and mean only a couple, Google will reply "okay changing Sirius XM to channel XXX, but it doesn't. It just leaves it at the same station I am on. I have never got Google Voice to change Sirius Stations. In a previous update, I believe 2.5 or 2.6 there is a note stating that Volvo had fixed this problem. But they did not. Anyone with the newer models having this same problem? Thanks.

Old 11-10-2023, 12:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

OK folks since I initiated this issue on Oct 11. As I mention in my Oct 15 post, that my vehicle was at the dealership having the engine rebuild due to the oil consumption issue that was covered under the extended warranty (thank goodness). While it was in the shop, I got a status update on the rebuild from the service manager. I happen to mention the Satellite radio issue and the solution of disconnecting the battery. Coincidentally he had just gotten word of the satellite issue in the 2016 XC60 and S60s but he had no solutions. He said he would have the technician "reset" the car's electrical system (which I guess would be equivalent to disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it) I got the car back, and the satellite radio now works. Thanks everyone for your contribution to this issue.

Old 11-10-2023, 02:08 PM

All
Coincidentally I just received a call from Sirius. They have a fix from working with Volvo and sent me the following information via email. It is a software update that Volvo service needs to perform.

This email is a follow up communication in regards to your recent issue with connecting to SiriusXM within your 2015/2016 Volvo. We suspect that this is related to a known issue. Please visit your preferred Volvo service center or dealership and reference Technical Journal #36771 for Dealer use in diagnosing the proper resolve of vehicle satellite radio connection issues at no cost to you. Sincerely,

SiriusXM Corporate Solutions Team

Old 11-10-2023, 06:18 PM
Default SiriusXM - Battery Disconnect

THANK YOU !!
All the members are fantastic.
I just reconnected the battery after having it off for 10 minutes and Sirius is working again!
The other day my friend told me that her SiriusXM stop working in her 2015 XC60.
She said she tried resetting it a couple of times but it didn't work.
She had read somewhere something about the antenna going bad and all sorts of different things.
She asked for help.
I did a quick Google search and found this thread.
You all saved me from filling the swear jar!
I'll repost if we have any more issues.

Steve

Old 11-10-2023, 08:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Issue with Sirius Satelite Radio 2015-16 models

I have been enteracting with the Volvo-Sirius XM issue since Oct 25 th when my service just quit.pulling into Las Vegas,NV.. They each blamed the other for the issue. When I finally pulled into to the dealership in Cathedral City,CA on the 27th of Oct, The sevice technician I spoke with was unaware of any issue. I"ve never met a more unqualified tech in my life. This young man told me that they didn't work on 2016 S60 Polestar performance vehicles. And that he was aware of only 2 people that would in the Palm Springs area. All I wanted was to get my satelite radio back on line. Their was never a issue with the car itself. Then I spoke with a service VIP that worked in the corporate offices. Again, another MORON... That didn't know what she was talking about.... If this is the current state of Volvo, they are in for a wake up in the coming few years. It's hard for me to believe that these professional service personal have the smarts to diagnose any problem with Volvo cars in the future. Just plug it in to a computer and follow the codes. i have been a loyal Volvo customer for over 50 years and after dealing with these under qualified techs I'm having second thoughts of continuing my loyality. Volvo brought this upon themselves. I'll be avoiding Volvo in the future.

Regards,
Steve Armstrong

The following users liked this post:
rreid (11-10-2023)
Old 11-11-2023, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by wongpharmd
I have had a problem with Sirius XM since Saturday, where it stopped working on the radio on a 2016. I was texting with their support on Saturday since they do not have live voice communication on the weekends. They tried to help, but my XM ID was not visible on the settings page, so they used the VIN of the car. My messages were "updating channels" and "Sirius not available" The technician resent signals to try to update without success. Finally they provided an Advanced Technical Support number, which also was not available on the weekend. I spoke with Advanced Support, and they stated that this is a known issue and they would call be back at the end of the week.
Is anyone else having an issue with their Sirius radio? or why the ID does not appear ? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
oof

Same exact situation with my 2015 XC60. No fix yet

Old 11-12-2023, 11:17 PM

Please see my post from Friday.

There a fix that Volvo can update software. Technical Journal # 36771

It should be free.

thanks

Old 11-23-2023, 01:48 PM
Default Disconnecting battery worked!

After reading this thread, I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and Sirius was restored after more than a month. Thanks to all who suggested this. As others have shared, Sirius didn’t know what they were talking about. A major waste of time dealing with them. As for Volvo, we took my 2016 XC70 to a dealer in my area and — wouldn’t you know it — they declared that the Sirius RDAR had gone bad and wanted to install a new one plus ICM software for a total of — wait for it — $1,836. I kid you not. This is why I almost never deal with Volvo shops. They are total ripoff artists. Thanks again for the simple suggestion that worked — and was free.

Old 12-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wongpharmd
I have had a problem with Sirius XM since Saturday, where it stopped working on the radio on a 2016. I was texting with their support on Saturday since they do not have live voice communication on the weekends. They tried to help, but my XM ID was not visible on the settings page, so they used the VIN of the car. My messages were "updating channels" and "Sirius not available" The technician resent signals to try to update without success. Finally they provided an Advanced Technical Support number, which also was not available on the weekend. I spoke with Advanced Support, and they stated that this is a known issue and they would call be back at the end of the week.
Is anyone else having an issue with their Sirius radio? or why the ID does not appear ? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
We had the Same issue with our 2015 and Contacted Sirius .
Sirius fisat indicated it was sun spot issue and then acknowledged it was a known bug for dealer to repai.r They sent a letter to return to dealer to install a software update - Volvo Technical journal #36771 .

Day one Visit - no repair due to internet issues at the dealer .
return visit - Overnight - Issue not resolved - Presented with a service estimate of $1,000 for a new XM receiver and Programming.
Not paying $1,000 for on Radio repair when I can stream Amazon and XM and connect with my phone .

Conclusions - Known Bug inside a VOLVO supplier equipment piece that the dealer is not trained to repair, just replace.

Old 12-17-2023, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by MCOrlando
We had the Same issue with our 2015 and Contacted Sirius .
Sirius fisat indicated it was sun spot issue and then acknowledged it was a known bug for dealer to repai.r They sent a letter to return to dealer to install a software update - Volvo Technical journal #36771 .

Day one Visit - no repair due to internet issues at the dealer .
return visit - Overnight - Issue not resolved - Presented with a service estimate of $1,000 for a new XM receiver and Programming.
Not paying $1,000 for on Radio repair when I can stream Amazon and XM and connect with my phone .

Conclusions - Known Bug inside a VOLVO supplier equipment piece that the dealer is not trained to repair, just replace.
Please contact volvo Volvo Customer Care at 1 (800) 458-1552 to lodge a formal issue for Volvo follow up

Old 12-17-2023, 03:31 PM

did you disconnect both batteries?

Old 12-18-2023, 09:27 AM
Default Fixed Sirius XM Issue - Disconnected Battery

Thank you Volvo Forum user- I disconnected Main Battery for 20 Minutes and reconnected. You need a 10mm Wrench . After reconnection the receiver is now working . I need to reprogram channels but it is playing pre-view and a couple of channels.
Dealer service needs to read the forum before estimating $1,000 for a new receiver. I had the car in there for 3 Days and I could have spent 20 minutes and fixed it at home . Neither Volvo or Sirius told me about the Battery Re-set.

Old 02-10-2024, 09:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems this is still an issue - I encountered this today on my 2015.5 S80. I tried a reset code to the radio, no result. CHatted with SiriusXM, ended up saying I needed their 'Advanced Support' line (not available on the weekend). Then I found this thread. I'll try the battery disconnect tomorrow (I'm sure my neighbors wouldn't appreciate the alarm sounding (at 10:30 PM) when I reconnect!). Fingers crossed!

The following users liked this post:
dhendy (02-21-2024)

Quick Reply: Sirius XM issue