Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

USB connection

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 07:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry USB connection

I bought a XC60 recharge in December 2021. The USB connection to hear my own music did not work. 8 weeks later I found out I need to install an app called Audiowagon. I could the use my stick to hear my music. In April Volvo informs me I need to install an update which I did and ooops the stick music does not work any more. Volvo Switzerland does not have a solution and blames it on Volvo Sweden. Volvo Sweden International tells me it has no solution.
Any ideas?

Old 05-19-2024, 09:02 AM

First time to the forum; recent owner of 2011 C30 T5 R-design - can you assist with connecting my phone to Bluetooth to hear music. Car’s phone function only, works great - part of the original equipment. Do I simply get a Bluetooth receiver from Amazon ($25) and make the usual connections? If so, will I be able to retain the car’s phone only function and have it automatically switch to the external Bluetooth device when listening to music?

Old 05-27-2024, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by joseph guindy
I bought a XC60 recharge in December 2021. The USB connection to hear my own music did not work. 8 weeks later I found out I need to install an app called Audiowagon. I could the use my stick to hear my music. In April Volvo informs me I need to install an update which I did and ooops the stick music does not work any more. Volvo Switzerland does not have a solution and blames it on Volvo Sweden. Volvo Sweden International tells me it has no solution.
Any ideas?
I personally would look at what kind of stick you're using (brand, size, , what format the audio files are, and so on. Most phones and MP3 players seem to work fine with USB connection, but I've had mixed success with USB drives in the past. When you plug it in to a computer, how are the files organized? Is every MP3 just in the main directory, or do you have folders for each album, artist, etc?
If you check this article about flash drives, you'll see that they're not all created equal and can perform differently~
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...ew,3477-2.html

Originally Posted by Charlie911pilot
First time to the forum; recent owner of 2011 C30 T5 R-design - can you assist with connecting my phone to Bluetooth to hear music. Car’s phone function only, works great - part of the original equipment. Do I simply get a Bluetooth receiver from Amazon ($25) and make the usual connections? If so, will I be able to retain the car’s phone only function and have it automatically switch to the external Bluetooth device when listening to music?
2011 is Bluetooth phone calls only- 2012 onward had media functionality as well. Car will have to connect to the new bluetooth receiver for both calls and audio- I would recommend an aux cord instead.

​​​​​​​

Old 05-27-2024, 10:05 AM

Thanks for the info. I think the aux cord Bluetooth is the way I will go to resolve this dilemma.