Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Volvo XC60 T8

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo XC60 T8

dear all,

Just a short intro of myself. My name is Loy and I'm from Msia. A few of us are interested in the above mentioned model from Volvo after Audi has failed us by not bringing the Q5 into Msia. V have test driven the T8 with Air Sus & we were very impressed with the performance of the car. The only dislike we have was the nose dive during breaking!

My question - Is the Volvo XC60 T8 a reliable car? I know the car is relatively new and getting the right answer might be difficult. Wld appreciate if someone who has driven it for a while could give me a feedback.

Many thks..

BH LOY

Old 06-04-2018, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No. Mine has not been. I have had 4 Volvos in my life. This one I have had it six months, and it has spent 20% (35 days) in the Volvo shop. This last time it has been in there 33 days, and I still don't have it back. It is still there. They have made no promises.

It is a complex car. I am in California which is about as far from the engineers at the plant as you can be. The time zones are different (they have no support after 2pm PST in Sweden. The language is different. No one knows what is wrong, and they are in no real hurry to either fix it or to replace it.

The car's two engines will no longer work in unison. It began to provide an inconsistent, jerky ride about two months ago. I sold a two engine Tesla (one of the first ones they ever built) to buy this car. I never had a problem with that car...and it was the first time Tesla ever tried two engines in a car. Volvo has had two engines out for almost two years, and can't figure out how to diagnose my car's problem. If you are in the EU, then buy one. If you are in the U.S., then don't. (Please See the update/conclusion below)

09/21/18 UPDATE - CONCLUSION:
Volvo has fixed this problem to my satisfaction. They provided a new car to replace mine. In addition, the provided some reimbursement for my inconvenience. I have been driving my new car for 3 months, and it is working fine.

Last edited by PetalumaAl; 09-21-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Volvo Fixed My Problem To My Satisfaction