Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

Waze now available on Volvo AAOS

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2023, 11:53 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Waze now available on Volvo AAOS

Waze on Google built-in arrives to Volvo Cars and Polestar cars

Waze is now available on all Volvo and Polestar 2 cars with Google built-in, directly through the car’s infotainment system. Now Volvo and Polestar drivers can access Waze’s real-time routing, navigation, alerts, settings, preferences and saved places. After a one-time setup, drivers will enjoy a bigger, bolder navigation display — right at eye level — without ever having to use their phones.

The following 2 users liked this post by JoelPadgett:
jacko15 (04-19-2023), leonardoeloi (04-21-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yup Waze Loaded

Just went out to my 2023 XC60 and via Google Play downloaded it and it works. Needed my phone for setup but it loaded ..... now the proof will be in the operability.

Old 04-26-2023, 03:33 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile Waze on native Volvo

I confirm.
downloaded and the app worked immediately.
wonder if I can change the voice ?

Old 04-26-2023, 05:23 AM
Default Waze works

So Waze does work but I had a couple of comments on it. I needed my phone with me to activate it which wasn’t a big deal since it’s attached to my hip anyway. The activation is interesting since it asks you if you are using it on your car system or your phone since it appears you can’t run it from both simultaneously. You actually have to scan a code from your infotainment system via your phone during setup. After installation I had 2 issues. The first was it was displayed in kilometers rather than miles. This was fixed by adjusting the distance setting on my phone. The second issue was there wasn’t any voice directions. It was weird because I got alerts. Anyway I solved this by changing to a new voice on my phone and it worked. Happy to have this gps option. My only beef is when you load Waze on your infotainment system you lose the map view on your dash. You still get the HUD on windshield and turn information on your driver dash but the detail map is removed. For what it’s worth the same thing occurs when you use CarPlay. In the end it was great to see some decent upgrades that were impactful.

Old 04-26-2023, 05:24 AM

Yes you can, I changed the voice using my phone

Old 04-29-2023, 07:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I could not get it to work on my2023 XC60.

It installed, apparently OK, but the setup asked me to scan a QR code. All that did was take me to a Waze install on my phone, which I did. Fine, but running Waze as an app on my car still did nothing but take me to that same QR.

Old 04-30-2023, 08:34 AM

Don't know what has happened to you but are both google id's the same for both your phone and your car? Just a thought

Old 04-30-2023, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by rjwronbo2
Don't know what has happened to you but are both google id's the same for both your phone and your car? Just a thought
I deleted the app from my phone and from the car and started over. I prefer Google maps.

Waze is slower. For example when I turned out from a side road onto a highway it did not update the speed limit until I drove almost a mile along the main road. The route display behind the steering wheel was blank for even longer.

So, back to Google maps!

Old 05-08-2023, 06:12 AM

I noticed your comment on the response time of Waze after installation. As a result I gave it a thorough test this weekend and I found the response time to be perfect. My only complaint is that you lose the driver dash map view. That being said it's good to have options you can still use Google Maps or Google Waze.

Old 05-08-2023, 07:34 AM

Right. Waze is just a tiny bit short of being ready for prime time. Once getting past the difficulties I had with installation, the missing map/route view on the instrument panel is a big deal. Perhaps the slow performance was just an anomaly that would go away but without the map on the instrument panel there seemed to be no compelling reason to keep it installed.

Oddly enough, it didn't seem the map view was missing at first but I did eventually notice it was gone. I now wonder if I had BOTH Google maps and Waze running at once. I was doing a bit of experimenting to see the differences, Perhaps I just got confused switching back and forth. Too late to check that out now!

Old 05-15-2023, 06:14 AM

Your comment about Waze no really ready for prime time was spot on. Yesterday I used it an it was flawless to my destination but on the way home oddly enough the map showed the correct directions but the voice wasn't lining up. To be clearer... the map showed the correct right turn but the voice alert said to take a left. It was hilarious glad I knew the way home . I switch back to google maps and it was perfect.

Old 05-18-2023, 05:07 PM

I was a Waze user for quite a while but switched to Apple Maps as they provided all the functionality I need and found a lot of Waze notifications not very useful and distracting.
Apple Maps syncs all saved favourites across all Apple systems (iPhone, iPad and Mac).

The one deficiency I found with Apple Maps is that the app would not show on the driver display but that will be fixed with the software update 2.9 that should be available soon.

Old 07-12-2023, 02:27 AM

I had a couple of frustrating days having loaded Waze onto my V60 MY2023 and not being able to get beyond the QR code. I already had the app on my iPhone but each time I scan the QR code it wanted me to download the app again. What eventually worked for me was deleting my QR code reader app and downloading a different version free from the App Store. This time when I scanned the cars QR code it worked instantly and now have Waze up and running.

Old 09-30-2023, 08:47 AM

Yesterday I had the dealership upgrade my software which is now version 11. I haven't found any issues at this point. Bit of surprise... when I loaded Apple Maps it displayed on both the middle display as well as the driver dash. That was a nice update. I then loaded Waze but unfortunately it doesn't display in the driver dash. Let me know if anyone has had different experiences.

Old 10-01-2023, 02:28 AM

It's the same for me I'm afraid but I do get written directions coming up in the driver display. I've also noticed that I don't get the verbal alerts coming through the speakers for hazards, pot holes, broken down vehicles, speed cameras etc. Even though I have the setting so it should, they appear in written form in the centre display but I'd rather keep my eyes on the road! If I run Waze through CarPlay they come through verbally but then I don't get the turn indications in the drivers display.