Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum (https://volvoforums.com/forum/)
-   Volvo XC60 (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc60-51/)
-   -   XC60 2022 Nothing but problems (https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-xc60-51/xc60-2022-nothing-but-problems-107343/)

LeaS123 12-11-2021 07:02 PM

So frustrated

You can do a factory reset. When I do it some things start to work and other things stop working. I am going back to the dealer on Monday so they can try to pair the phone to the app. The app isn’t recognizing the car or the phone. Also my talk to text isn’t working anymore

BruceS 12-12-2021 08:42 AM

Don’t buy the 2022 XC60

Originally Posted by Domenico (Post 501956)
Well this post is rather unsettling. I am planning on visiting a dealer this weekend to look at a 2022, but after reading this I am having doubts. I researched the 2022 XC60 and it seems to get solid reviews. I will have to research more specifically on issues with the 2022.

unfinished junk

LeaS123 12-12-2021 09:16 AM

I would look at reviews for the infotainment system and specifically the google assist.

yaromac 12-22-2021 07:34 PM

+1 for unfinished junk and useless dealers

Originally Posted by BruceS (Post 505718)
unfinished junk

run don’t walk from the 2022. I will never go near another Volvo.

Barnstablerw 12-22-2021 08:00 PM

I won’t blame the dealer

I have spoken with my dealer a number of times and they are sympathetic but unable to remedy the issues which seem to be, almost exclusively, software issues. I have experienced most of the issues in this discussion, and then some. I contacted Volvo corporate over a week ago and here is their response - they haven’t responded.
Yesterday I got a software update to allow me to use the Volvo on call app (now Volvo Cars).
this app does less than half of the one for my 2018 XC60. In addition prior to downloading the update we were locked out of our gas tank. Fortunately we had enough gas and were going somewhere where we could let the hour and a half download complete. Had we been on a road trip, this would have been problematic. I am still waiting for the Polestar software which I paid for.
it is getting to the point that Volvo needs to immediately remedy these situations and compensate the buyers for the inconvenience. If this can’t happen I would certainly join a class action lawsuit. THIS CAN’T CONTINUE.

BruceS 12-23-2021 09:30 AM

More Junk DO NOT PUrCHASE THIS CAR

This google possessed car should never have been sold. I wish Volvo would take back my car

yaromac 12-25-2021 05:06 PM

Had to return to the dealer for latest update. Dealer said it's done. Screen still shows that it can't install and tells me to return to dealer. Lost the map on the drivers console. Hate this glitchy software and know-nothing Volvo dealers.

aguruge 12-26-2021 07:27 PM

2022 Volvo XC60 OTA UPDATE — The Christmas Miracle.

ValidUsername 12-27-2021 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by aguruge (Post 506325)

What is rubbish garbage article? Christmas Miracle?! Its old news and everyone know 1.8 has been released. 1.8.1 is the latest.

yaromac 01-01-2022 11:42 AM

Give us CarPlay, that'll be a Xmas miracle.

And, FWIW, 1.8 still showing as uninstallable for me despite the fact that the dealer says it's installed and the display on the driver's console now no longer shows maps. ****ty Volvo. I will be trading mine this year. I can't wait to get rid of it.

LeaS123 01-01-2022 11:51 AM

So angry

My app still doesn’t work. When you pay 62,000 for a car everything should work. Dealer stopped trying to help. All they said was updates should be coming in the new year.

BruceS 01-01-2022 12:06 PM

I am tired of waiting

I have to try to figure out how to get any rerun for a brand new unfinished junk. I think Volvo should buy my XC60 back. It is a 2022 B6 Inscription and my 2018 Momentum was better. Volvo keep your woke possessed google junk

ValidUsername 01-01-2022 12:08 PM

If your car has been so problematic, what's stopping you from using the lemon law to return it back to Volvo/dealer?

Gallego 01-01-2022 05:06 PM

I'm running v1.8.1 and so far so good. Had a small issue with the FM Radio yesterday (switching stations was laggy), which I was able to send feedback through the Google Assistant by saying "Hey Google send feedback". I was later prompted at the end of the drive (once parked) to review the feedback transcript/details before sending to Google from the center screen.

For anyone that hasn't used the Google Assistant to report problems on other devices, see this article for more details: https://support.google.com/assistant...py=%2Cspeakers

BruceS 01-02-2022 09:30 AM

We shouldn’t have to be reporting problems like this

This very expensive unfinished vehicle should just work.

dstevens10 01-11-2022 03:34 PM

I took ownership of a '22 XC60 B5 Momentum back in September. I posted this thread over on Swedespeed: https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/i...b5-awd.646212/

BruceS 01-11-2022 05:52 PM

Do not purchase a. 2022 Volvo XC60

It is an unfinished junk Volvo should be ashamed they released this vehicle

JHVOLVO 01-13-2022 05:01 PM

Hi All,
Registered with this forum just to join the growing group of dissatisfied owners with this new Google software. Newly purchased 2022 (build date of 11/2021). Had our first infotainment issue after a few weeks of ownership. While driving in sub-freezing weather, the infotainment was not working. No HVAC, erratic turn signal, partially functioning HUD. First two can be a safety issue, i.e. fogged up windshield and not alerting other drivers with intent to change directions. Had to reboot the infotainment to sort the vehicle out once again.

My dealership was of limited assistance. Since we're in the U.S., I reported these issues to NHTSA via their reporting website: Report a Vehicle Safety Problem, Equipment Issue | NHTSA If other owners did the same, maybe we can get more response from Volvo. Here's to hoping a new and reliable firmware is released n the very near future. This doesn't even comment on the other non-functional/half-baked options such as Android Auto not working, hotspot unavailable, no way to connect usb memory stick to play music from, etc, etc.

Advise all potential buyers who can wait to do just that until they sort this vehicle properly.
Cheers!

Cornfield 01-13-2022 05:23 PM

Google stopped working in the car today. No navigation< no”Hey Google, tell me a joke” etc. I fiddled around for an hour.
I suddenly realized that she had changed her gmail password today. I entered the new password and then it worked again. Sheesh.

Barnstablerw 01-13-2022 05:27 PM

Spoke to Volvo USA rep.

After much frustration and passing of the buck from Volvo USA to my dealer to the regional manager, I finally got an answer from corporate. They assured me that the software issues would be resolved in Q1 of 2022. I will believe it when it happens. If it is not resolved I would be interested in joining a class action as was suggested by another contributor.
my issues have been:
1. No Polestar - for which I have paid
2. no ability to use Apple CarPlay
3. no ability to download apps such as Waze which is strange since I believe Google owns Wazes.
4. Volvo Car App is very limited. I can remotely start the car and lock the doors. I can’t use find my Volvo, or see any of the details on the app such as fuel, and other stays readings all of which were available on my 2018 XC60.

LeaS123 01-13-2022 06:13 PM

So angry

Today I was driving and the infotainment system as well as dash maps just completely shut down and restarted. Don’t know why we still don’t have any updates. Also impatiently still waiting for apple play

BruceS 01-13-2022 07:36 PM

Volvo are you listening?

Originally Posted by LeaS123 (Post 505700)
You can do a factory reset. When I do it some things start to work and other things stop working. I am going back to the dealer on Monday so they can try to pair the phone to the app. The app isn’t recognizing the car or the phone. Also my talk to text isn’t working anymore

Someone from Volvo should respond before all these dissatisfied customers start a law suit Say something

LeaS123 01-13-2022 07:42 PM

So angry!

I have talked to Volvo. I called the customer care number and after spending an hour on the phone with them in my car trying to reset the car for the 20th time they said I had to go back to the dealer. I had a 2018 xc90 that I traded in bec they gave me $38000 and I no longer needed a car that big. WHAT A MISTAKE

Cpersis 01-16-2022 01:52 PM

2022 Volvo XC60 No CarPlay

[QUOT=Barnstablerw;507023]After much frustration and passing of the buck from Volvo USA to my dealer to the regional manager, I finally got an answer from corporate. They assured me that the software issues would be resolved in Q1 of 2022. I will believe it when it happens. If it is not resolved I would be interested in joining a class action as was suggested by another contributor.
my issues have been:
1. No Polestar - for which I have paid
2. no ability to use Apple CarPlay
3. no ability to download apps such as Waze which is strange since I believe Google owns Wazes.
4. Volvo Car App is very limited. I can remotely start the car and lock the doors. I can’t use find my Volvo, or see any of the details on the app such as fuel, and other stays readings all of which were available on my 2018 XC60.[/QUOTE]

Gallego 01-17-2022 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by LeaS123 (Post 507029)
Today I was driving and the infotainment system as well as dash maps just completely shut down and restarted. Don’t know why we still don’t have any updates. Also impatiently still waiting for apple play

What software version does your vehicle have? Can you take it to the dealer for them to force an update to the latest?

I have v1.8.1 and haven't had any issues with the screens. Just completed two 700 mile roadtrips (10+ hours of driving each way) and only had the cellular data stop for ~5 hours and then come back later on the return trip.

LeaS123 01-17-2022 07:28 AM

So angry

I have v1.8.1. They said that I just have to wait for new updates. Nothing they can do.

Gallego 01-17-2022 07:39 AM

@LeaS123 - Yikes! That's not good then. Wonder if a full reset / reinstall of the infotainment software would fix it? Have you had a different dealer take a look?

re: Check Engine light (emissions fault) -- Someone else reported this happened to them and, sure enough, it happened to me a week ago around mile 600 on the odometer. The out-of-state dealer that I took it to told me there was a loose clamp in the fuel system that they found with a smoke test... didn't cost anything to fix, but *not* what you want to see on a brand-new car like this.

LeaS123 01-17-2022 08:28 AM

So angry

I have done several factory resets as well as the dealer. Both dealers here are now under one parent company. Not sure I would get different results. App still doesn’t alert me when the door is unlocked. My 2018 xc90 alerted me all of the time. The only thing that the app does right now is start the car. It has no other info in it. This is also the 2nd xc60 in 3 months. They took the first one back and got me a second one bec none of the infotainment things worked.

maggs 01-17-2022 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Gallego (Post 507152)
@LeaS123 - Yikes! That's not good then. Wonder if a full reset / reinstall of the infotainment software would fix it? Have you had a different dealer take a look?

re: Check Engine light (emissions fault) -- Someone else reported this happened to them and, sure enough, it happened to me a week ago around mile 600 on the odometer. The out-of-state dealer that I took it to told me there was a loose clamp in the fuel system that they found with a smoke test... didn't cost anything to fix, but *not* what you want to see on a brand-new car like this.

A car is a very complex machine, with a number of parts and many opportunities for where even a slight misstep can cause a problem. If it gives you any comfort, it could have been worse. The important thing is that you have a good dealer that was able to properly diagnose and fit the issue. The attached is a recounting of a Tesla owner receiving her car with a missing rear brake pad! Her experience was far worse. Enjoy.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43876/...ng-a-brake-pad

bkmom3 01-17-2022 05:12 PM

Luxury car? Right

I love driving it but we've only owned it for a few months and already paid $540+ to replace wires due to rodent damage. Apparently. Volvo has chosen a particularly tasty wire covering which is well documented and was commented about at the Service area (because it's funny to spend $540 after buying a $60K car! She even mentioned that folks with this new vehicle and older Volvos find rodents are drawn to the new one). If they know about it, why not change it? We have 3 vehicles: 2 Fords and a Volvo parked in the same place. The Fords have been around for 5+ years with no problem.
Now we're getting warnings about the battery: "Problem charging the 12V battery. Stop safely and call for assistance" and "The performance of the engine systems is reduced. The maximum speed is limited." Unsure if it's another wire issue. Hope not.
I also get the message of the car being offline. Can't place calls handsfree even though the phone and car are connected.

LeaS123 01-17-2022 06:32 PM

So angry

I have the same issue with the blue tooth calling. It also says offline a lot and then if I say call mom it will say that there isn’t a number for mom

dstevens10 01-17-2022 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by LeaS123 (Post 507181)
I have the same issue with the blue tooth calling. It also says offline a lot and then if I say call mom it will say that there isn’t a number for mom

That’s probably because your phone’s contacts aren’t syncing to the car. I find myself having to go into Bluetooth settings about 50% of the time to disable my iphone and then re-enable it in order to have my contacts show up. Very frustrating.

Cornfield 01-17-2022 08:16 PM

The car really needs CarPlay. Do Android phone users have problems too or is it just Apple users with issues?

CoKroVolvo 01-18-2022 08:48 PM

[QUOTE=JHVOLVO;507018]Android Auto not working, hotspot unavailable, no way to connect usb memory stick to play music from, etc, etc./QUOTE]

AudioWagon app. That's the USB media player. Works great and supports high res (24bit) audio files like FLAC and DSD. Nobody at Volvo knows that, of course. Developer is very helpful and responsive, too.

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you, and im surprised not to see even more complains.

As a music fan, I have thousands of albums in my YouTube Music account. How many can you see in the XC60? 99.
​​​​Any way to load more? No. Any way to sort? Alphabetically? Most recent added? No. Any way to jump to any letter of the alphabet? No.

Same for Artists. I have more than 100 artists in my account that start before the letter G. Can I get to any after that? No. Rolling Stones or RZA. Forget about it.

I'm also shocked that Google hasn't even managed to get its own apps in the system. I'm a 100% Android and Google guy. It was one of the things that made this car attractive. But can I listen to my podcasts? No. Why? Because there's 3rd party podcast apps, but not Google Podcasts, in this car.

I do have faith that this will get worked out. More apps will come, especially from Google. But the fact that Volvo has zero visibility into their own product is flat out frightening.

Hopefully they'll add Android Auto when they add CarPlay and we can all get back to using our phones as our main devices.

In the meantime, any of you who can remote start your car or set the climate control are fortunate. Where's the info on how this is supposed to work? Just Google it? What a joke.

LeaS123 01-21-2022 12:52 PM

Yesterday I tried to use the remote starter and it said that car was in use. Doesn’t work and continues to say car in use. Add it to the very very long list

paa55112 01-22-2022 12:52 PM

for 2022 xc60 b5, how does one select and play a mp3 file from an usb memory stick? This worked great in my previous 2018 XC60.

Thanks

CoKroVolvo 01-23-2022 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by paa55112 (Post 507324)
for 2022 xc60 b5, how does one select and play a mp3 file from an usb memory stick? This worked great in my previous 2018 XC60.

Thanks

You need the AudioWagon app. That plays music files from a USB stick.
https://moleman1024.github.io/audiowagon/

paa55112 01-23-2022 03:07 PM

Thank you, works great!

collectomaniac8 01-23-2022 04:51 PM

XC60 2021 Dec - issues

I had a lemon of a Volvo over 20 years ago and swore I'd never go back. Thought with new innovation and the passage of time things may have improved. New car has the following issues:
Internet availability drops out (I'm travelling in the city over my usual routes where there is no issue with internet). GPS works for a few days then stops for a few days - maddening when en route and there is no where to put your phone so that you can see it for guidance when the car's drops out!

Due to covid they can't have it see it for weeks... one spends this amount of money, one expects a car that is 100%..

collectomaniac8 01-23-2022 04:53 PM

yes I am 100% android/google. Was told car would have WAZE. but now told I have to wait for Carplay