Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

XC60 no gps or any online services again!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XC60 no gps or any online services again!

I’ve had this car just over a week from a lease company, initially couldn’t get anything to work so took it to the local dealership and the services guy said “see that triangle in the top left corner, if there’s a cross on it then there’s no connection and the gps won’t work” he accepted them and it all worked……for about 3 days. It has now gone off and won’t come back on so no gps for maps or anything else. I will be heading back to the dealership tomorrow to see if they can sort it but if it goes off again after that then the car is going back before my 14days are up as I aren’t going through this constantly it’s a pathetic way to control integral systems

The following users liked this post:
Ros (11-20-2021)
Old 11-16-2021, 12:18 AM

Unfortunately this seems to be a global issue for all these cars and not one that the dealer will be able to fix. What country are you in? In Australia it sounds like all the dealers are telling customers it is a glitch between Volvo and Optus (their mobile provider for Australia) and that they are working on it.
For me this doesn't seem to be true if other countries are also having these issues. I know it isn't a coverage issue either as you can be right in the middle of the main City where all phone providers work without issue and the connection comes and goes.
The only way I have found to make this bearable for now is to share the internet through my phone bluetooth connection so at least the car has some form of internet.
I don't know how / when they are actually going to solve the core issue and I don't know how to get any official sensible information from Volvo.

The following users liked this post:
Martyp (11-16-2021)
Old 11-16-2021, 11:29 AM

Answer from Volvo is that it is a known problem and they are working on it, meanwhile the solution is to keep resetting it using the button just below the screen.
great solution on a 1 week old car!
this is in the UK by the way