Volvo XC70 This wagon/SUV crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV without SUV size.

Purchasing Volvo Parts Online?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing Volvo Parts Online?

Hey- just joined the forum, mainly to ask this question: does anyone have any good sites that they can recommend for me to purchase volvo parts from? Thanks!

Old 08-04-2009, 08:03 PM

I personally purchase my Volvo parts from here and so do a few others. Their prices are close to or sometimes better than the parts stores but OEM. http://www.fcpgroton.com/

Old 08-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When purchasing Volvo parts look for OEM. Replacement parts don't always fit (learned that hard way ). Compare prices from different sites. They have some parts cheaper but other parts more expensive. Also some have free shipping.
http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-850/c-1-72/

http://www.partsgeek.com/

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/

Old 08-05-2009, 02:20 AM

I stick with FCP and IPD, I hear people complain about both but I've never had any problems. The guys at myswedishparts.com are good too but they are basically a slightly discounted Volvo dealer. Erie Volvo seems like a good place for salvaged parts.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:02 AM

I used to order from eEuroparts but they pulled fast one on me. And wasn't happy with fcpgortons costumer service. Now I order from those 3 sites i posted.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:35 PM

Wow! Thanks so much guys! Yeah- my husband said that we should get OEM parts, and when we started looking online, there were just so many websites that popped up that I figured it would be good to get some opinions from ppl that already have experience ordering online!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by catikin12
Wow! Thanks so much guys! Yeah- my husband said that we should get OEM parts, and when we started looking online, there were just so many websites that popped up that I figured it would be good to get some opinions from ppl that already have experience ordering online!
If you look at the original part off your car it will say made in Belgium, Germany, etc. just somewhere in Europe. Now when you see the Volvo package it will say made in Mexico, brake pads made in India, and other countries definitely not in Europe. So who is to say the Volvo part is the exact same quality off your vehicle? Online pricing is competitive, but what separates the vendors is their customer service.

The following users liked this post:
Vasy (05-28-2023)
Old 10-16-2009, 03:56 AM
ema

hello there. I think this volvo parts site might be a good option. there, I hope you find it significant as I did.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:30 PM

I use:
www.eEuroparts.com free 1-3 days shipping for orders over $49.00
www.europartsdirect.com free 1-3 days shipping for orders over $49.00

eEuroparts has good system diagrams with index numbers that match their parts lists. Both of these sites offer genuine Vovlo and aftermarket parts. No problems with their service as of yet.

I haven't used FCP Gorton or IPD yet but I do check them for prices. They offer free shipping too but orders have to be alot higher in dollar value.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

All of the above are good vendors. Only on e I could add is partsbin.com

Old 11-02-2009, 08:07 PM

I have to revise my previous post above as I now have ordered from FCP Groton. Today I spent the afternoon comparing prices for front struts, rear Nivomat shocks, mounts, and seats for my 98 V70 XC AWD. I have to tell you it was an experience tracking all these items across 5 online sites. On these suspension part FCP Groton were most reasonable. Some of the items cost less and some didn't. Then on top of that, I learned that they offer a 10% discount to forum members. They just have you put in a code MVSCC and it adjusts the prices down. Already have my UPS tracking number!

So I have to give FCP Groton a thumbs up.

Old 10-06-2022, 11:44 PM
Talking

New here and hate starting new threads when old ones exist, so Im resurrecting this one from the dead.

I have a 2010 XC70 T6 and squirrels decided to stash about 25,000 walnuts in my engine bay and eat through my hood insulation pad for good measure. I got the walnuts out(!) but need to order a new insulation pad. I thought, "gee how hard can this be I order parts online for Porsche, BMW, Acura...easy peasy."

The part # is 31298731

Online from various Volvo Parts places its anywhere from $80-100. Ok no big deal I'll order it. But here's the rub: no matter where I try to order it from, THEY WANT $200-300 TO SHIP IT. Doesnt matter which Volvo Parts dealer I get shuffled to online. FCP Euro doesnt even have the part in stock. Its a freaking hood insulation pad. It weights maybe 3lbs. Are they trying to deliver it by stretch limo or something? I get that is probably triggers dimensional weight and will cost more to ship than some Tic Tacs, but I ship all the time and can ship a dang car a couple hundred miles on a flatbed trailer or this price. Is this status quo when ordering Volvo parts? I finally called my closest dealer and they can get it for $133 and I can at least pick it up - but thats a 2hr round trip. They also wanted almost $10 each for the plastic clips to hold it in place -- at least I found a sack of 30 of those for 10 bucks on Amazon.

Am I just being a cheap old crotchety whiner, or does this seem a tad excessive?

Old 10-07-2022, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator
Received 485 Likes on 466 Posts

Shipping costs are based on the size/weight of the item and distance. You didn't mention where you are but I suspect the part comes in a huge box. I can get smaller parts shipped USPS for free most times but I am in CT and my typical suppliers are FCP (about 25 miles from me) and Tasca Parts (a dealer store with the best prices) is about 100 miles.

That said, You have a few options 1) leave the insulation as is. Every one of my cars has had some amount of chipmunk/mice damage to the insulation and acorns under the bonnet that I shop vac out from time to time. 2) shop for a used part. car-part.com is a search engine that you can use to find recycle yards near you that may have an XC70 or two where they can source the part. 3) check in with other local auto parts stores. They may have the ability to source dealer parts without you having to cover retail pricing to get the part to their store. 4) Call the dealer web store directly. They may be able to requote the shipping - the web site probably has a box dimension that is triggering an automated quote and they may have other options.

Curious, where are you located?

Last edited by mt6127; 10-07-2022 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-07-2022, 10:07 AM

Located in Dayton OH.

The Indy dealer thru the Volvo Parts site wanted the same $200-300 to ship. I ship so much I'm practically in the shipping business. I've shipped 200lb for less than this. This should cost about $35 to ship even when dimensional weight is triggered.

Imsulation pad is not even close to salvageable. Need to take car in for service anyway so I will just pick up the new pad from the dealer at that time. I was just hoping to avoid driving 100mi without the pad as just a cpl errands around town have discolored the underside of the hood from the heat.

Originally Posted by mt6127
Shipping costs are based on the size/weight of the item and distance. You didn't mention where you are but I suspect the part comes in a huge box. I can get smaller parts shipped USPS for free most times but I am in CT and my typical suppliers are FCP (about 25 miles from me) and Tasca Parts (a dealer store with the best prices) is about 100 miles.

That said, You have a few options 1) leave the insulation as is. Every one of my cars has had some amount of chipmunk/mice damage to the insulation and acorns under the bonnet that I shop vac out from time to time. 2) shop for a used part. car-part.com is a search engine that you can use to find recycle yards near you that may have an XC70 or two where they can source the part. 3) check in with other local auto parts stores. They may have the ability to source dealer parts without you having to cover retail pricing to get the part to their store. 4) Call the dealer web store directly. They may be able to requote the shipping - the web site probably has a box dimension that is triggering an automated quote and they may have other options.

Curious, where are you located?