Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 XC90 3.2 FWD DIY Tow Hitch HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 XC90 3.2 FWD DIY Tow Hitch HELP!!

I have a new to me 2010 Volvo XC90 3.2 FWD in superb condition with 35,000 miles clean carfax and i am the second Owner. I have a few questions most importantly i want to install a trailer hitch, not for every day towing but able to tow a trailer with jet skis or a moving trailer to relocate from AZ to CA. What hitch is recommended? I heard about a hit that is not visible? And what all do i need specifically to complete the package? A hitch? Harness? Ball mount? What brand? Any and all suggestions are helpful.

Also this Volvo has what appears to be Bluetooth but i think it’s lackin a microphone. Cuz i can but it doesn’t register my voice During pairing. Is it hidden? And if i were going to buy one where do i get it and where should it be installed?

And lastly , on more than one occasion i have come back out to my Volvo after shopping or something and my vents will be running pretty hard with no power on to the vehicle. This is just regular driving no towing up til now. How do i stop this and is it draining my battery?

thank you, i am very excited to learn more and help if i can.

Old 03-01-2021, 08:06 PM
Received 586 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by Meag Liz Reed
I have come back out to my Volvo after shopping or something and my vents will be running pretty hard with no power on to the vehicle.
Your car has the "afterblow" feature turned on. ~50 minutes after you park - the ventilation fan will come on for ~7 minutes attempting to clear excess moisture from the evaporator to prevent the ac stinky sock smell. Most cars you can turn it on of off with VIDA if you wish. Afterblow will not turn on or stay on if the battery voltage/capacity gets low, so don't be concerned about it draining the battery.

Sorry, I don't have a comment on trailer hitches or bluetooth -

Old 03-02-2021, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hoonk
Your car has the "afterblow" feature turned on. ~50 minutes after you park - the ventilation fan will come on for ~7 minutes attempting to clear excess moisture from the evaporator to prevent the ac stinky sock smell. Most cars you can turn it on of off with VIDA if you wish. Afterblow will not turn on or stay on if the battery voltage/capacity gets low, so don't be concerned about it draining the battery.

Sorry, I don't have a comment on trailer hitches or bluetooth -

no worries about the others that’s great info and a huge ease to my mind. And what an awesome feature. Thank you!!

Old 03-15-2021, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought this so I can haul bikes on a hitch rack. has great reviews and is great quality.
Will be installing this weekend.

Amazon Amazon