Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 functions not available/working

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 03:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 functions not available/working

My parents recently bought an Inscription but seem to be having some trouble with a few things. So I offered to post on a forum for them in hopes to get some help. Here's the problems they've run into:

I have found some functions in the owner's manual that aren't available/don't work.
1. The Oil level can only be checked when the car is running and not as stated in the manual, "The oil level can be checked in the center display when the engine is not running."

2. "To switch from ACC to CC. From the center display's Function view, tap the Activate cruise control button." This button is not on the center display to perform this function.

3. There is another function button that isn’t on the center display.
"To make getting out of the driver's seat easier, the seat is lowered, the side bolsters deflate and the seat cushion retracts at the same time."

Old 03-11-2016, 07:10 PM

Unless something has changed from 2015 to 2016, the engine oil has an electronic sensor, not a dipstick and can only be checked when the engine has not been run for at least 2 hours.
It's not surprising to me that the owner's manual is not correct. Heck, the 2.0L engine isn't even mentioned in my owner's manual and the online version of how to check the oil is not correct(on our V60).

Old 03-11-2016, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by mainesail
Unless something has changed from 2015 to 2016, the engine oil has an electronic sensor, not a dipstick and can only be checked when the engine has not been run for at least 2 hours.
It's not surprising to me that the owner's manual is not correct. Heck, the 2.0L engine isn't even mentioned in my owner's manual and the online version of how to check the oil is not correct(on our V60).
Ha, wow! Correct, there is no dipstick on their XC90. What's the correct method for checking the oil on your V60?

Old 03-12-2016, 05:54 AM

You have to go in through the menu that's accessible on the stalk. It is very, and I mean, very non-intuitive.
This is from a post from when we first bought the car:

Just an update for those with 2015 Drive-E engines. The separate download for checking the oil level is incomplete and won't get you the screen if you follow it.
After much screwing around and actually getting it a couple of times, the procedure is as follows:
1. Insert key in slot
2. Hold the start/stop button for 2 seconds until the headlights come on. That
is Level 2 ignition.
3. Press the ok button on the end of the stalk. This is the part that is not
included in Volvo's literature.
4. Turn the selector wheel until the oil level display comes up.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by mainesail
Thanks. I'll tell them to give this a shot. My parents aren't the most tech intuitive people either. I may have to try it myself for them.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:39 PM

My oil level display shows a blank black screen. (I have a 2016 v60)

Also, the cruise control does not hold the car at selected cruise speed when going downhill (all my Mercedes did hold speed up and downhill)

Any thoughts / comments?