Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 model - gas gauge and fuel hatch issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 model - gas gauge and fuel hatch issues?

I'm wondering if anyone else has had these (sadly now recurring) issues with their gas gauge and fuel hatch -

gas gauge - numerical "mileage left" reading says 100 miles; gas gauge visual indicates 1/4 tank. At any point below this, miles left can drop precipitously while driving. Example - drove 8 miles this morning. Mileage left reading went to 90, 70, 60, 50 miles at which point a dash warning came on that fuel was low. During this time, gas gauge visual dropped to below 1/8 tank. This has happened multiple times. On one occasion, while the mileage left said 50, the car switched into some life preserving mode where I could only drive about 10 mph and I ended up running out of gas on the exit ramp of an interstate, in view of the gas station I was trying to get to.

fuel hatch - gets stuck in the locked position and cannot be opened. Multiple people will try to open with no success, then randomly a day or two later, it will suddenly release.

Both of these things happened together this morning, so the car is at the dealer now. I'm curious to hear if others have had either of these things happen? Frankly, I was quite annoyed by the head patting and tsking I received from the service department, who acted like I was some silly girlie who just didn't know how to operate and maintain her car (until THEY couldn't get the hatch open either).

Thanks all!