Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aftermarket sat nav?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket sat nav?

Hi all

Just got a 2007 xc90 v8 sport, which is loaded except for sat nav.

What is best portable sat nav to get? I am looking for one that fits in discretely and doesn't have loads of brackets and wires (are any rechargeable and therefore wireless?)

I have the large centre speaker in dash.

thanks

Old 07-04-2010, 06:39 PM

Stevie

I've just purchased an 2010 XC90 without factory Nav as well. I have a kit coming for my vehicle and will install it and test it soon. I'll let you know when completed.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:39 AM

Kit form where and what kind/brand?

thx

Old 07-05-2010, 08:02 AM

The kit is made up of my companies navigation unit with a motorized 6.5" lcd touchscreen monitor exactly like the factory XC90. Both units are coming from oversea's right now and we plan on offering them in our line up. Our unit is capable on many things that factory can't give, like internet,voice command, radar integration and more. We'll be posting it up on our facebook page at directus navigation as soon as the install is finished. Directus has many different OEM offerings for navigation and have just finished on the Prius factory touchscreen unit. Since I just purchased the XC90, I've had a personal reason to see this unit offered and now it will be soon.
This same unit I believe is used on the S60,S70,XC70 and S80 vehicles and we'll be finding that out shortly as well. We'll also have a unit for the XC60 which is a fixed unit. I've been in the electronics industry for 25+ years and have a shop in Florida called 1 Off Rides. We build and love all cars. If I can be of any help to anyone, please contact me.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by steviemitch
Hi all

Just got a 2007 xc90 v8 sport, which is loaded except for sat nav.

What is best portable sat nav to get? I am looking for one that fits in discretely and doesn't have loads of brackets and wires (are any rechargeable and therefore wireless?)

I have the large centre speaker in dash.

thanks
You can get everything on www.volvostyling.dk, even with touch functions.. Very cool shop!

Old 09-18-2010, 11:42 AM

Our kit is the like factory however its a 6.5" touchscreen(factory uses the garmin GVN52 which is remote IR only) and bolts in as factory. You have to buy the grille, mounting bracket and Nav speaker from the dealership. The harness is direct connect to the motorized lcd and our Prodigy One device. Then attach power connections. You can purchase the complete kit from Directus based out of MI and have any good stereo shop install it. We've designed this kit after I purchased a 2010 XC90 for my wife and I didn't want the whole multimedia upgrade for $4K. Our kit has many more options than any kit prior, like internet browser,radar integration,alarm integration, BT, back up camera input, media player and TMC. Prodigy One can plug into other OEM screens and aftermarket DD screens as well. We are releasing it at SEMA this year. Price for the kit is approx $1800.00 and its tier one automotive grade. They ship Nov 1st 2010