Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DOOR chime Relay location XC90 2005

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOOR chime Relay location XC90 2005

2005 xc90 door chime message/chime constantly going off (always with key in/on). In process of replacing wiring harness on A-pilar to door. Wires all FUBAR. BUT, I WANT TO PULL THE DOOR CHIME RELAY before i can get all that done. I can hear it up under the steering wheel but cant locate it. i've taken off the panel under steering wheel (where sound is coming from) and kick panels on either side. anyone give me a way to access the relay chime? THANKS

BILL

Old 04-19-2017, 12:26 PM

have a 2006 XC90 and I have same/similar problem of Driver Door Open notification/chime going at all times key is in/car is on that started a week ago. Researching various forums and trial and error I think I found that 1 black and 2 green wires in the wiring loom (inside that rubber boot) in the driver side door jamb are broken. I found a thread to fix those wires but would like to wait till weather improves.

In looking at relay diagrams I found online such as in engine compartment and on CEM, I'm not sure there still is a door chime relay. But I'd like to pull that door open chime relay to stop the sound immediately. I've looked all over up under the dash and can't see the relay. Any help appreciated.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:30 PM
Default A pilar to door wiring harness causes massive errors

I did a temp fix on this harness a year ago (multiple wires separated) with 14 different collor combinaitons. NOw, it's doing the same crap. door open, mirrors, door lock, windows, etc....messing up. JUST WANT TO SHUT THE DAMN relay chime off. On top of that cant find haness at junkyard, and volvo sells each of the two types of wires (twelve total), separately and the connector i got off ebay..........what a farse......i'll bet he labor to splice in those 14 wires and connect hte new harness is 3 or 4 hours labor, and i dont want to morgage my house off the fix the 12 year old volvo....... WOULD LIKE TO SMASH WITH HAMMER THE RELAY CHIME IF ANYONE CAN GET ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION? THANKS

Attached Thumbnails DOOR chime Relay location XC90 2005-volvo1.jpg  
Old 04-29-2017, 01:00 PM

UPDATE: just spent 3 hours taking kick panel, door a pilar, harness apart to see i had three wires i previosly bandaged, separated from the wiring harness clip in the A pilar mentioined above...bougt boat load of wires and from volvo, of course none of them fit the new harness connector, patched it back togeher with bailing wire, shoe strings, and bubble gum.... better than when it was new...ATLEAST THE DOOR CHIME GOES OFF NOW WHEN DOOR CLOSED, BUT now i still have 1 white wire to receptablce (2) green white wire that is separted so i gave up for today, DOOR LOCK KEEPS CLICKING, DRIVER WINDOW DOESNT WORK, L TURN SIGNAL FUBAR, ....GONNA TELL THE WIFE PU T THIS EURO PEICE OF **** ON CRIAGS LIST AND HOPE TO GET 40$ FOR IT........CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY OTHER PAIN IN THE **** PROBLEMS I'VE HAD W/ THIS JUNK, AND THE WIFE KEEPS PAYING THE REPAIR BILLS.....COULD HAVE BOUGHT A COUPLE CADILLAC SUVS BY NOW.............