Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy - seeking info & input

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy - seeking info & input

Hello all, glad to join this forum. I have been fairly active on a Nissan forum while researching my past vehicles - 09 Nissan Murano, 12 Rogue SL, 12 Quest SL, 12 Leaf EV and a 16 Infiniti QX60.

I have been smitten with the 2nd gen 2016+ Volvo XC90 since I first sat in it... I am a large fellow 6 foot 8 and...umm..."big" yes, big. So getting a comfortable car is a challenge.

I am looking at used, and Volvo obviously has a big reputation with safe and long lasting cars. While I know online forums often magnify "issues" over happy customers.

I know the infotainment system had a lot of issues and even was crashing and turning cars off while driving - and that actually has resulted in some used cars being sold as reconditioned titles after lemon buybacks... but I do not really trust some used dealers on conveying accurate "reason" for the buyback... but it seems that issue has been taken care of with software updates and should not really be an issue.

Anywho - with my price range that I am looking at some of the options I have found are high miles - some at near or over 100k... and for a fairly young 2016/17 car.

I know all used cares are a gamble - but, would you are owners and drivers shy away from a 80-100k?

Also - what is everyone personal opinion on the base sound system vs. the advanced system... I found a T6 Inscription that is an acceptable exterior color (Silver, Dark Blue is pref) and my preferred Interior (grey,cream, whatever it is, with the 2 tone wheel) - it seems to have all options but the enhanced sound system.

Well, thanks for the input and I hopefully look forward to becoming a member and fellow volvo owner :-)