Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low rumble/grind sound when stopping

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low rumble/grind sound when stopping

hi all, i'm new and i have a volvo problem that i'd love any thoughts on.

my car:
2003 xc90 t6

my trip:
leaving tonight on a 4 hour road trip

the problem:
upon getting my car from around the corner to drive it in front of my building to pack it up, i noticed that when i came to a stop there would be a follow up rumble sound, almost as if the brakes were sticking. i drove around the block a couple times trying a few different kinds of stops and the car stops fine aside from the weird rumble. it's like a catch right at the end. when i was at the stoplight, i took my foot off the brake and as i did that the rumble happened there too. weird, yes?

i drove it a couple days ago with no problems/no rumble. totally a new thing. the car was serviced about 2 months ago and everything checked out fine except for the 'anti skid temporarily off' light stays on. the dealer told me it would cost about $600 to turn it off and that it wasn't worth it.

soooooo, ideally i would love for someone to say, 'hey! i know what that is and it's not dangerous to drive your car down a highway for 4 hours tonight!' but realistically, i am not going to drive if anyone suggests that what i'm hearing could be potentially dangerous for me or anyone else on the road.

thoughts? words of wisdom? educated guesses?

much appreciated!

Old 06-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check your bushings in the control arms and other suspension components for wear. motor mounts and such. are thre non-volvo parts? they may cause noise otherwise/