Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie with aftermarket stereo issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 08:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbie with aftermarket stereo issues

Hi All,
I am new to this forum and pretty new to Volvo's.
I have driven Jaguar cars for many years and loved every minute including that great Jaguar owners game "keeping the warning lights off" there is always one that pops up.

Anyway I have now moved over to the Volvo side and now have a UK, Volvo XC90 2012 with 82,000 miles on the clock. This car didn't come with a reversing camera or sat-nav. I rely on the reversing camera due to heath and mobility issues and struggling to turn my head easily. Because of this I decided to add a reversing camera and sat-nav and after looking around and checking a few youtube video's I opted for one of the Junsun Head units that has everything and more. The one I opted for fits into the top of the dash where the centre speaker cover is. I have to say it looks and fits perfect.

The unit came with the wiring harness and is said to be "plug and play" however being a cheap Chinese unit I was not expecting everything to be as simple as stated. Although it all went together really well I do have a couple of issues that have now became more apparent after youtube searching.

1. Where is the arial plug that is normally located on the rear of the stereo? I cant find one to swap int the new head unit.
2. I have no sound on the new unit. There is a few youtube videos on a fix for these units that involve linking one of the wires (blue) to a live to power the amp.

Has anyone fit one of these types of units and how did you get on with any issues?

The following users liked this post:
hudgens (10-03-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,
Just a quick update on the above.

I have contacted the seller of the head unit and explained the problem. He asked if my original stereo has the fibre optics, I said yes and he said they have sent the wrong wiring harness and need to send me a new one approximately 10 days from China
I also ordered an arial adapter that will take the original and allow it to fit the head unit.

another update to follow once everything is installed.