Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced engine performance, where to go from here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 05:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced engine performance, where to go from here.

Hey everyone, first off is like to thank anyone in advance for your help I'm at my last bit of patience with my 2006 XC90 T5. Here's my issue..... about a month ago intermitantly started getting the REP message and limp mode at first shutting off the car would clear it, then it would come on and not immediately shut off for about 20 min of sitting or so. Run the codes, ECM-941d accelerator pedal position e analogue signal too low, position E on the pedal is showing 100% when the REP limp mode is on. After some research sounds like a throttle body issues are common and can cause this, replaced it with a new one no change. While I did the throttle body I put in a new MAF to cross that off the list too. Cleaned all the connections on the CEM and ECM. The accelerator pedal seems to have been replaced by the previous owner with a date code less than a year old on it so I tend to not think it's the pedal. The connector on the pedal has been replaced and spliced to the harness, to rule out a bad connection at the splices I respliced and soldered them. Still no luck. This leads me to this this is a wiring issue which is where I'm at now. The connector on the pedal has 6 pins. A ground, 12 volts, and 4 other signal wires which go to the ECM. I seem to have continuity at all the pins except one to ground. Should the ECM wires be showing ground? I'm about over this car , anyone with some advice?

Old 02-26-2018, 02:37 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Don't overlook the soft rubber turbo hoses, the one mounted to the top of the turbo unit and also the one that goes into the intercooler.

On cars of this vintage, we have been replacing them as part of the service and will give the same symptoms.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this thread is a few months old but a few thoughts...

I had the REP message that cleared up when I would start the car with the pedal pushed in a little. Kind of like cars that had those weird things called carburetors, lol.

I cleaned my throttle body and all has been well since.

Correct me anyone if I'm wrong, but I thought a new TB had to be calibrated to the car with the Volvo software? If yours wasn't, I wonder if this might be part of the issue?