Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rubber Mats for XC90 07-UP

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber Mats for XC90 07-UP

Hello,

I'm planning to buy rubber mats for the XC90, currently i have the carpet. Since rain and snow comes in Toronto. I'm looking for rubber mats. I'm down to weathertech mats and the OEM Volvo matts. I notice both have the digital fit type mats. I am wondering if anybody here has tried both or the weather tech mats. Weathertech are on the pricier between the two.

Hoping for your advice.

cheers.

mark

Old 04-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mark from Toronto!

I originally ordered the Weathertech mats from their site. I went ahead and got the 3-row package.

I waited 2 and half weeks, no reply or mats. I called them up and they told me that they are on back-order and will be another 2 weeks. I was disappointed but decided to wait a bit.

I looked into the OEM mats and they looked nice and was somewhat cheaper than the WT. I called up WT again after another week to see how things were progressing.

Well; they tell me that it may still be another 3-4 weeks! I was very unhappy at this point and decided to cancel my original order with them.

I was disappointed since I've heard only good thing about the WT mats but I was totally NOT impressed with their customer service. Not once did they even bother to apologize for the wait I went through already nor did they seem to care. Unfortunately, I will no longer be looking at supporting them as a aftermarket parts supplier

On the flip-side; I did end up purchasing the OEM mats from Volvo in Black (I have taupe carpets) so it's a nice contrast.

The mats are very well made; it has a lip around the perimeter and comes up about an inch or so. They fit perfectly and I am very happy with them.
I got the front and rear seats only from them since their OEM 3rd row came in 2 pieces and did not have a lip.

I ended up purchasing a generic flat mat from Canadian Tire to make up my own 3rd row mat and also had enough left over to cover the 2nd row "hump" between the two rear mats.

Overall, I am very happy with the OEM mats. I'm sure I would have been happy with the WT mats too but in the end I ended saving around $140 by going with OEM.