Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snow chains/cables/socks for 21 inch wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow chains/cables/socks for 21 inch wheels

Hi there! I have a 2023 XC90 T8. The tires are Scorpion Verde All Season 275/40 R21 107V M+S. I was looking for snow cables but came across this link from volvocars.com which says that Volvo does not recommend snow chains on wheels with larger dimensions than 19 inches. I spoke with someone from Volvo and he mentioned using snow socks. After doing some research it seems that snow socks won't provide the same support as chains/cables. Does anyone here have experience with preparing the XC90 for some snow travel? We live in southern California and the places we'd be interested in going to are Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 03-21-2024, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c_dave
Hi there! I have a 2023 XC90 T8. The tires are Scorpion Verde All Season 275/40 R21 107V M+S. I was looking for snow cables but came across this link from volvocars.com which says that Volvo does not recommend snow chains on wheels with larger dimensions than 19 inches. I spoke with someone from Volvo and he mentioned using snow socks. After doing some research it seems that snow socks won't provide the same support as chains/cables. Does anyone here have experience with preparing the XC90 for some snow travel? We live in southern California and the places we'd be interested in going to are Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hello, I’m sure you’ve resolved your snow tire issue by now, but just in case you have not, I just listed these snow tires on OfferUp. My wife and I are from Simi Valley, went up to Montana for 6 months, bought these tires, used them for about 1,000 miles, then didn’t need them anymore so we switched back to are all-season tires. If you’re interested, I will discount them heavily. Thanks.