Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xc90 5cyl turbo loss of power..stalls in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xc90 5cyl turbo loss of power..stalls in reverse

hello out there in volvo land i hope somebody can really help me out on this one...i have a 2004 xc90 5cyl turbo truck was driving fine then all of sudden the hose that comes right out of the etm or throotle body came off.. it felt like a misfire scared the crap out outta truck loss power...but it didnt shut off just no pick up at all total loss of power i couldnt even accerlate it it wont go no where..then it snapped out of it made it home noticed the loose hose i put it back in etc..then noticed it was vey sluggish at times..and other times i noticed total loss of power where i must release gas pedal and go easy with it and back to normal..i seafoamed it that helped alot i felt instant positive results but back to sluggish loss of power in abt a day or two of driving..i changed fuel filter no difference..changed air filter..no difference...no check engine lite..although it was on before hand with a oxygen sensor below threshold i erased to see if it would come back because at that time i just did the complete pvc oil trap with new hoses etc..it was smoking like u wouldnt belive..im thinkin i might have a clooged cat..i noticed the other day going in reverse up a driveway no power at all and it wanted soo bad to turn off and i was hoping that the check engine light would come back on but not at all...im gonna swap out the plugs but i dont think thats gonna be the issue any info i would gladly appreciate guys...