Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XC90 audio system, parking assist, smelly exhaust

Old 11-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XC90 audio system, parking assist, smelly exhaust

Hi folks, I just bought a 2005 XC90 on 102K. Its very nice car and I am very happy to join Volvo community.

But, the car has some issues and any of your advice is appreciated.

1- Audio system does not work. It turns ON for a second, and turns back off. (But can navigate options menu)

2- Parking assist lights up but I don't hear any beep. (Does the parking warning sound come from speakers/audio system?)

3- A gasoline smell comes from exhaust. Why? (filled half of the tank with 93 octane)

4- I found that the ride was too bouncy. Should I replace the suspensions?

5- Brake pedal was too hard despite the power that it applies to road. I have to step really hard to get it stop. Car got the new brake job. (But I am not sure about it because I never drive an SUV before)

6- Does Volvo services try to rip off customers? Should I go to normal car repair shop?

Thanks

Old 09-27-2018, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have had best and worst experience with volvo dealerships

Lets start with the worst experience of my life, in March of this year i had all my breaks changed and my front passenger seat cover replaced at Orange County Volvo california, it was in shop for 4 days, when i got it out turns out they stole a bunch of stuff from vehicle when they took off calipers they scratched half the powder coat paint job off. They then charged me $700 for brakes when it clearly said on computer I bought 30,40,50 mile coverage. The stuff that was stolen was strategic, $60 40 was taken 20 was left, they also disnt steal cologne, which leads me to believe this was inside job. They claimed a homeless man broke into car at dealership. I was so upset with there lies i wrote directly to Lundstet. They charged me for brakes even though i had my whole car covered, they scratched calipers and they lied about who broke into vehicle they also promised reimbursement but never came thru. The only way i got my $700 was to call volvo cooperate as volo OC ignored my calls.
i will say volo san diego told me my car was entirely covered and have always left happy, same with Herzog myer in Oregon or autonation in Bellvue Washington. Great dealerships, its really who is managing shop at time