Volvo XC90 This mid-sized SUV offers the driver and passengers Volvo luxury and quality with sport utility capability.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xc90 leather top dashboard trim missing.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xc90 leather top dashboard trim missing.

I have just received xc90 inscription with overseas delivery in Sweden. Sales associate back in us told me that my inscription will come with leather trim on top of dashboard, and doors. The paperwork that I saw before purchase said that it comes with it. Now, inscription that I got does not have it, and I am told now that it is impossible to change this dashboard after the fact.
this is clearly not my fault, and I based our purchase decision heavily on how luxury vehicle looked. Without leather it is not the same level of luxury.
What are my options, anyone know? I feel bad as this is not the car we expected. Also colors are not the same as was presented on the pictures, as with blonde trim we got all bottom and back of the vehicle in Black, but should have been blonde.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:33 AM
Obp

Assuming you have the paperwork to show you ordered a car with a leather covered dash, you can then reject the one they have supplied and insist on a replacement that meets the specs of what you ordered. Might need to get lawyered up to enforce this but seems like unless the contract has an out clause where they can provide you a not to spec vehicle, they are bound to provide what you ordered.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:43 PM

"Leather trim for dashboard" package is not on the contract. Sales associate told me that inscription already has leather trim dashboard and door panels. So went with what sales associate told me. Is there an option to add leather after the fact, not 3rd party, but original Volvo's? Anyone know?

Old 06-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Obp

Sales Associate may have been incorrect. The leather dash is noted as a standalone option on the website, not as part of the Inscription package. Best option is to see if the Associate s manager can help.