West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Mechanic in the Pasadena area

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanic in the Pasadena area

Hello all,

My father's '99 S80 has been making the hissing noise from the brakes. From my searches on the Internet, it sounds like a common problem associated to the brake booster. Does anyone know of a goodindependent mechanic in the Pasadena, Ca area? In the past, my father has had bad service from the local dealers. And, I'm sure an independent will be cheaper.

Thanks!

Old 01-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Default RE: Mechanic in the Pasadena area

I am new to the area as well, so still looking around myself
what I have found out so far
first I went to Bertone Volvo in Alhambra...
They seemed pretty good, and seemed to know their stuff, nice guy and all.
I had some work done, and it seemed fine.
My only complaint, was although not dealer prices.... a little pricey.

I also called up Independent Volvo Service Center and got some price quotes on a few things i needed done,
but didnt go there as they were insanely expensive, hundreds more than the other shops

And lastly, I now have my care at Alfred's swedish Auto tech on Lankershim in NoHo
their prices seemed good, a couple hundred less than Bertone for a new water pump installed and timing belt/tensioners,
So, I hope they do a good job, and don't rip me off,
but so far so good, if youre still looking feel free to ask me how they did in a few days.

Another major wish of mine, is a mechanic that would be able to do the major things, but also willing to talk to me about some of the less major things
so that i could do them myself (I am new to the area, but my old mechanic in NYC was like this, he would look it over and tell me..."you dont need me to do this, you can do it" it it was no big deal ) I know this is not the norm, but I would like to find someone like that.
Bertone didnt seem to open to the idea, as for Alfred, at "Alfred's Swedish Auto Tech" its too early to tell, but when i explained that i wanted something like that, he was at least open to the idea, I have to meet with him tomorrow, to discuss the work, so we shall see.

good luck, and let me know if you found any one good or cheap (price is a major concern with me).

Old 01-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Default RE: Mechanic in the Pasadena area

hello im a mechanic im a certified volvo mechanic with 5 years experiance

Old 07-23-2009, 10:01 PM

ciscodc5 pm me im local also and need a good mechanic btw ur screen name is dc5 do u own a rsx typr ?