West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Washington State Volvo Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would anybody be down for the NW toy run? It's this weekend at Pacific Raceways in Auburn, at 12-6.

I'll be waiting at 11 am at the Winco in Kent. (SR-167, 212th St exit)

Pm me for my number.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:20 AM

Sorry man, I have a busy one this weekend...also gonna be tearing the Volvo apart to do some repairs.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:59 PM

POO

Anyone else?

Old 12-25-2009, 04:04 AM

I'm in Hoquiam myself. (right next to Aberdeen, basically the same town).

Old 12-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe L, Nice 854, and bug in the garage. I'm in Oly as well. Are you by chance on OlyDubs at all? My dad and brother are both on there. My dad has a Giah and my little bro has a couple of bug's.
I suck at mechanical stuff but I have some good Volvo resources so if you get stuck let me know and I might be able to get you the info you need.

Oh, I've lurked on Volvoforums from time to time and I just stumbled across this thread and thought I'd join up and say hi. I'd be down to meet up sometime.

Originally Posted by supernicguy
I'm in Hoquiam myself. (right next to Aberdeen, basically the same town).
I almost bought a White 854R in Aberdeen a couple months ago. I saw it on a Sunday and went back to check it out the next Saturday it was gone.

Last edited by Mad Matt; 12-27-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:09 PM

I live in Vancouver, WA.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Matt
Joe L, Nice 854, and bug in the garage. I'm in Oly as well. Are you by chance on OlyDubs at all? My dad and brother are both on there. My dad has a Giah and my little bro has a couple of bug's.
I suck at mechanical stuff but I have some good Volvo resources so if you get stuck let me know and I might be able to get you the info you need.

Oh, I've lurked on Volvoforums from time to time and I just stumbled across this thread and thought I'd join up and say hi. I'd be down to meet up sometime.

I almost bought a White 854R in Aberdeen a couple months ago. I saw it on a Sunday and went back to check it out the next Saturday it was gone.
Nick your brother, and butch your Dad? Yeah I know them both. I'm actually one of the admins on Olydubs, my friend Rob and I started that forum.

I actually think I've met you before...and I saw your Volvo next door to Stolz auto. I had Matt do a PNP switch on it when I first got it. I've had to do a ton of other stuff on this car as well, but tackle all that myself. I would Love to get together and discuss these cars one of these days. I bought this car just to haul the kids around in...didn't realize how damn fast the thing is until I did a tune up!! LOL

Old 12-29-2009, 10:23 PM

Haha, yup, that's them.

Our service Center is is right next door to Stolz. In fact I just got home from there. Matt, just installed a new passenger side axle on my 850R, and some time this week we'll install the new PCV System.

Did I meet you over at Damon's? I've me a few VW guys there. I have VADIS at home so it you get stuck on anything I should be able to get you whatever info Volvo has on it.

It's funny, people don't realize that a little ol' Volvo can get up and go! What trim 850 do you have there?

We should defiantly see about getting a WA GTG set up. I wonder when the VS meet is???

Old 12-29-2009, 11:32 PM

Nice, I need to do a drivers side axle on mine...and did the whole pcv system a few weeks back, plus a few other things while I was in there. I'm getting more confident as I go! Seems there's just tons of little things that go wrong with these cars...but the PO didn't do any of it, so here I go lol Almost done I think!! What is VADIS?

You have an 850? The Volvo I saw was much newer...I actually mistakened it for an Audi, but your Dad set me straight haha. I think I've met you a couple times, but the one I remember was at Mark of Northwest Foreign Autos funeral.

yeah, I think it suprises people when I get on it and light the tires up! Love it!
Not sure what you mean by trim, it's just an 850 turbo, 2.3, leather, power, auto trans yada yada...

This is the car most know me by...though it's just been sitting since I spend all my time working on the Volvo
Name:  10117_1163242695525_1661607634_3041.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  63.4 KB

Old 12-30-2009, 03:13 AM

Very nice!

Yeah, I remember meeting a few guys there at Marks funeral. Very sad day but it was cool that a lot of the Air Cooled community came out to support him.

I just picked up the 854R a couple weeks ago. The one you probably saw was the S60R that's sitting in the garage awaiting nicer weather.

Where are you getting your parts from? Driver side axle is $175 from iPd. That's where I got mine.
http://www.ipdusa.com/version.asp?st...=152&V_ID=5264

Or from www.fcpgroton.com at $109.90
http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-exe...bly+%28EMPI%29

VADIS is Volvo's after sale software that was distributed to the dealers with all the instructions on every car they sell.

These cars are like any other old car. It's gonna have it's issues but usually they're small.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:31 PM

That S60R sure is a sweet car

I've bought parts from both those supliers...good service and parts from both.

Pics of the 850R?

Thanks for the offer on the vadis, that sounds useful for sure. Funny you call them "old" LMAO this car is new to me!! haha My other two cars are a 71 chev truck and a 66 bug I guess the wifes Mercury milan is an 06...but that's hers.

We should definatly get together and talk cars one of these days. As soon as I'm done fixing all the little problems, I'd like to make it go faster hehe It would be cool to make it at least as fast as the bug.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Default PSVCOA meeting

I see that the Puget Sound chapter of the Volvo Club of America is having a "general meeting" on Jan 6, 2010. Anyone going?
It's in Woodinville at 7:00 pm at Teddy's Bigger Burgers

Old 01-01-2010, 02:52 PM

I would go, but it's a bit far up north for me.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:32 PM

Thanks Man.

Yeah, her car totally doesn't count. Lol

And I was talking to Nick last night, and from what he says, It might be kinda hard to make any 850 as fast as your bug....

Oh and there is going to be a small GTG in Lynnwood This Sunday at the Fat Burger. Should be anywhere between 10-15 Volvo guys, mostly being newer S40's.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=131692

I've done some more work to the S60R over the last month or so....

And Here's the 854R...

Old 01-01-2010, 04:54 PM

Yeah, that is a sick car

LOL the bug is not that fast...14.1 being the fastest it's gone. I think there's a 13.xxx in it, just needs tuning and seat time. The 850 sure feels fast. I like going about 30 and stomping on it and breaking the tires loose! Wet roads of course haha. Though it does have a boost fade problem when it shifts to second...I have yet to figure that out.

I wanna see that 854R! How much did you pick that up for?

Old 01-01-2010, 05:42 PM

I have a feeling you might be understating the bug.... Lol.
I don't know enough about these cars yet to even begin to figure out the boost issue you're having. Volvospeed has a huge 850 community, you might want to poke around over there to see if you can find something to help you out.

I found the 854R on Craigslist in Portland for 4k. You'll see them come up for sale from time to time for about the same price.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:10 PM

lol The bug is pretty quick, for under 2 liters. I actually ran that 14.1 with a smaller cam...I upped the cam and it "feels" faster, just the time slips say other wise with 14.4's last summer.

The boost fade might be a intercooler hose colapsing...there was a lot of oil floating around in there before I changed out the PCV system...seems oil rots those hoses, or so I've read. I'd like to upgrade to the reverse intercooler with silicon hoses....mmm maybe someday Or it could be something else, I just haven't been able to track it down yet.

I have been on Volvo speed. Good info on there, just some weird issues with adds on there I don't like. I have to turn off my add blocker just to view the site....

Old 01-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Yeah, that's pretty quick!!!
On my SR, the hose from the Over the engine pipe to the IC is completely saturated with oil. I need to get that replaced sooner then later. That's weird about VS. My home PC works just fine over there but my office PC's don't.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:28 PM

Ouch, that doesn't sound fun. Should we do a VolvoForums get together sometime? Either that or a joint one with Volvospeed.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:30 AM

We should!!

Quick Reply: Washington State Volvo Drivers